Sponsored by:

Project Shrek - To See....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 01:22 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Project Shrek - To See....

After over 2 years of suffering the worst pitted/scratched windshield ever, it finally succumbed to a stray stone on the german highway, cracking cleanly from top to bottom.
Luckily, I am insured for glass breaks, without deductible. The insurance covered the new windshield/seal/installation, and I paid for the (inevitable) rust found in the chanel. there was quite little of it in fact, only necessitating 2 tiny spot welds, and careful sandblasting/prepping and repaint.
I prepped for the body shop by removing the wipers, washer jets, dash pad, and disconnecting the previouls botched antenna connection. Why is it that *everything* that was touched on this car prior to my ownership had been poorly done?

While the car was being done, I went over the washer system. Oh my... Overspray on the washer jet tubing/valves/wires, rusty worm clamps, wrong sided jets. I bit the bullet and ordered *everything* from the tank to the jets: pump, reinforced tubing (all 5.5meters of it), anti-reflux valves, jets, Oetiker ear clamps. For good measure, I also ordered the new double-springed wiper arms. I will now remove the tank and clean it, then refit everything with the new parts. I should finally have an efficient windshield cleaning setup, to compliment the new scratch-free windshield.

Last edited by GeorgeK; 12-11-2014 at 02:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:08 PM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did all 964s come with heated washer jets?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 AM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes afaik .

Quick Reply: Project Shrek - To See....