Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo S

The ULTIMATE 964

Old 04-08-2012, 07:16 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah lovely thing,,,

I agree the ultimate road going 964............
Old 04-10-2012, 01:20 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

I love all the special factory cars...but there's something also really magical when you create the "special" car the factory didn't. Especially when it's done to this level....

My vote for ultimate 964 goes to RL member LA964RS (second vote would go to Geoffrey's 964 RSR track car)

Text form Busta Rib (@ Pelican)
Some details on Robert's car:
Arguably the most well known 964 today. Featured in Excellence Magazine, 911&Porsche World and Total 911. This is a “one-of-one” and will certainly be one of the most unique and drivable in your collection. Designed by an owner with years of Porsche history and deep roots in motorsports it was commissioned by him with an open checkbook to the best artisans in the US to fulfill his vision. This incredibly meticulous three-year build resulted in a supercar that exemplifies the best of both art and speed. It is a true supercar built for the real world that flies under the radar yet delivers unmatched pure driving experience in an amazing performance envelope.

Basics

500 HP
2,760lbs
Narrow body 964
Fresh 993TT engine (Blueprinted)
Turbo S oil cooler
Tuning by UMW with matched 16/24 Turbos & 100 cell race cats
Intake plenum ramp
G50-21 6-Speed LSD gearbox (Fresh)
Lightweight Sach flywheel & turbo clutch
Turbo half-shafts and motor mounts
ARP rod bolts & head studs,
Rare Porsche Recaro '94 Speadster seats w/2 sets of inserts, black leather & houndstooth.
Full RSR-style lightweight interior door panels & felt carpeting
NHS: 200 mph speedo + NOS VDO boost gauge w/key
Ruf custom size wheels
Ruf 965 brakes
Ruf front splitter
Ruf short-shifter
Ruf airbag steering wheel
Ruf shock-tower brace
Ruf full aluminum 8-point cage
993RS rear lightweight glass
Schroth 4-point e-belts
All steal 2 inch rear flares
Shaved A-pillar
Sunroof delete
Aluminum rear valance
Fresh Grand Prix white paint.
993 Evo uprights & tie rods
KW-V3 suspension
964 RS sway bars

…and more

This 964R has lived in Southern California its entire life being sold originally in San Diego, so no weather issues. Current owner is 3rd having bought it in 2001. While it has huge HP, it was built for longevity and trouble-free motoring….as such, it not only starts on ½ a twist, but passes strict California smog standards...so smog legal everywhere….and it even get +30MPG on freeway! For full protection, clear bra installed on hood, fenders, doors and rear quarters & bumpers.

Additional Information: Everything on this car works. Heater, wipers, lights A/C blows ice cold (’94 was on model year equipped with the upgraded 993 style much improved A/C). Car has been over its lifetime well cared for and there are stacks of documents including the original window sticker. This car has never been in an accident and is as nice underneath as it is on top. Sold originally from Pioneer Porsche in San Diego.

Car has approximately 7,500 miles on it since new engine/gearbox swap. I am the 3rd owner since it was sold at Pioneer Porsche in San Diego back 1994. This is a “94” so one of the very last of the 964 cars and last of all hand built Porsches.

TIME: Project took 3 years to complete.
Attached Images    
Old 04-10-2012, 01:43 PM
scped
Instructor

If I may offer a differing opinion - Robert Linton's 964 America GS is the one I consider to be the ultimate example of what a Porsche could be.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:44 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

^^^^^^^^
Yes, yes. What the heck was I thinking.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:53 PM
SPDADCT
Instructor

The RUF cars are always finished with factory quality components. Very nice example of a limited 964 Turbo.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Robert Linton's 964 sure is a special car... but ain't my dream 964.

Jetta that white NB is amazing - what an understated gem! Love the philosophy of the project!

Have to say that yellow Tubro S is on my list - I believe it's a 3.6 Turbo S one of the few 'Package Cars' produced at the same time as the slant nose 3.6 S?

I think that settles it for me - my ultimate 964s would be a 3.6 Turbo S 'Package Car', a regular 3.6 Turbo with a full RUF conversion and a 3.8 RS!

Gosh it's fun to dream!
Old 04-10-2012, 10:23 PM
Carlos993
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 98 Posts

The yellow Turbo S is not a "3.6L Package Car" but a Turbo S Leichtbau ("Lightweight") - essentially a 964 RS with a souped up turbo motor and specialized wide body, similar in concept to its successor the 993 GT2.

Fellow Rennlister Mark Smith has recently put up an information rich site about the car at:

http://www.turbosleichtbau.com/
Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 PM
parsecnc4
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have seen this car in person at various stages of completion and Robert's detail to attention on this car is quite inspiring and humbling.

Originally Posted by 911Jetta
I love all the special factory cars...but there's something also really magical when you create the "special" car the factory didn't. Especially when it's done to this level....

My vote for ultimate 964 goes to RL member LA964RS (second vote would go to Geoffrey's 964 RSR track car)

Text form Busta Rib (@ Pelican)
Some details on Robert's car:
Arguably the most well known 964 today. Featured in Excellence Magazine, 911&Porsche World and Total 911. This is a “one-of-one” and will certainly be one of the most unique and drivable in your collection. Designed by an owner with years of Porsche history and deep roots in motorsports it was commissioned by him with an open checkbook to the best artisans in the US to fulfill his vision. This incredibly meticulous three-year build resulted in a supercar that exemplifies the best of both art and speed. It is a true supercar built for the real world that flies under the radar yet delivers unmatched pure driving experience in an amazing performance envelope.

Basics

500 HP
2,760lbs
Narrow body 964
Fresh 993TT engine (Blueprinted)
Turbo S oil cooler
Tuning by UMW with matched 16/24 Turbos & 100 cell race cats
Intake plenum ramp
G50-21 6-Speed LSD gearbox (Fresh)
Lightweight Sach flywheel & turbo clutch
Turbo half-shafts and motor mounts
ARP rod bolts & head studs,
Rare Porsche Recaro '94 Speadster seats w/2 sets of inserts, black leather & houndstooth.
Full RSR-style lightweight interior door panels & felt carpeting
NHS: 200 mph speedo + NOS VDO boost gauge w/key
Ruf custom size wheels
Ruf 965 brakes
Ruf front splitter
Ruf short-shifter
Ruf airbag steering wheel
Ruf shock-tower brace
Ruf full aluminum 8-point cage
993RS rear lightweight glass
Schroth 4-point e-belts
All steal 2 inch rear flares
Shaved A-pillar
Sunroof delete
Aluminum rear valance
Fresh Grand Prix white paint.
993 Evo uprights & tie rods
KW-V3 suspension
964 RS sway bars

…and more

This 964R has lived in Southern California its entire life being sold originally in San Diego, so no weather issues. Current owner is 3rd having bought it in 2001. While it has huge HP, it was built for longevity and trouble-free motoring….as such, it not only starts on ½ a twist, but passes strict California smog standards...so smog legal everywhere….and it even get +30MPG on freeway! For full protection, clear bra installed on hood, fenders, doors and rear quarters & bumpers.

Additional Information: Everything on this car works. Heater, wipers, lights A/C blows ice cold (’94 was on model year equipped with the upgraded 993 style much improved A/C). Car has been over its lifetime well cared for and there are stacks of documents including the original window sticker. This car has never been in an accident and is as nice underneath as it is on top. Sold originally from Pioneer Porsche in San Diego.

Car has approximately 7,500 miles on it since new engine/gearbox swap. I am the 3rd owner since it was sold at Pioneer Porsche in San Diego back 1994. This is a “94” so one of the very last of the 964 cars and last of all hand built Porsches.

TIME: Project took 3 years to complete.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:33 AM
KiwiSean
Pro

For a NA NB can I add the Bumpin Pumpkin to the list as well?

Quick Reply: Surely the ultimate 964?