Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change, now my valve are a lot noisier

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty much since GL5 came out in 2005 they reduced the ZDDP in not just Mobil 1 but most other oils now. It's not required for most moderen day street cars. So to kind of get around the EPA and GL5 they make oils with higher ZDDP but lable for off road use only.

There are a couple few Mobil 1 blends that have enough ZDDP but it's only a few like the V-twin and deisel oils, but the standard Moblil 1 fall short of adequte ZDDP levels for a mechincal valve 911 engine. Not all Mobil 1 oils, not even most Mobil 1 oil has enough ZDDP.

It's largely why I discontined use of Mobil 1. The correct oil, which may not have been ideal for the engine due to other additives found in Motorcycle and Diesel oils. It was hard to find and very expesive. I was a long time advocate of Mobil 1 and beleive in it for other applications. Just not for a 911s and that was due to the GL5 change.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 PM
dpepin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makmov: Last valve adjustment was done less then 10 000KM, pressure when warm is about 1, btw thanks for your help.

jody stowitts; I have nothing against Mobil 1, just did some research and I liked the comment about the VR1 better
Old 04-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NP

Pressure seems fine.

maybe, just maybe you are hearing things that just are not there. I don't know without actually hearing the car in person.

Quick Reply: Oil change, now my valve are a lot noisier