Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein PSS9 Height Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 02:06 PM
cumd20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks guys - appreciate the thoughts - the real choice for me is the ride style, at least for now. They will dial in some negative camber but I want a street ride for now. With the strosek mega wide fenders And the profile of this komo tire - getting to the amount of camber to tuck inside the arch with street riding is not an option (for me).

The fact is that there are two main issues we are dealing with at once - that one side is significantly out and that the new tire wall shape is significantly different - I will run this set of tires down and on the next set choose the tire profile to allow a lower ride and still achieve a street tuned performance with not as much negative camber.

The car is with Chris Powell - a very well known and respected former Porsche race mechanic - we discussed at length what I wanted and the cars intended use pattern.

They have leveled out the suspension and have set up a driver loaded corner balance and then completed an alignment. Al of this has been done with the minimum height adjustment to avoid contact - this includes of course some negative camber - but it is a combination of height and camber that will get me where I want to be with this tire set at least. I was supposed to get it Friday but some rubber boots on the suspension were needed - so Monday it is to be. If I do not like the look I will get it changed but am comfortable with Chris's ability to judge as he knows my preferences and knows his way around these cars very well.

The car is very new to me - so I also have asked for a valve adjustment and full leak down test while they had it. I also think it is much too difficult to start cold and asked them to look that over - full report to follow but so far speaking to the shop the leak down test was less than 2% on all cylinders and the start issue seems to be a moot issue. As you can imagine that result would make me very happy 😄

A full report will follow with pics when I get it back at home.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:07 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds good.

it sounds like the camber was checked before rushing into raising the ride height, so I can sleep easy now
Old 04-16-2012, 01:42 AM
rsr997
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers, this is all good news to me.

Quick Reply: Bilstein PSS9 Height Issue