Sponsored by:

Sharing the Mystery History 1994 Strosek Speedster

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 01:04 PM
cumd20
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Sharing the Mystery History 1994 Strosek Speedster

OK - all the pieces are starting to come together on this car - spoke to a very nice old man called Fred Opert this morning in New Jersey.

(still snowing btw so no new driving or pics yet )

The car was bought new in July 1994 as one of a pair of Speedsters off the floor at Jack Daniels Porsche by a wealthy New Hampshire Chappie - a black one for him and a white one for his estranged wife (some alimony ).

They were both close to the last 964 Speedsters made and were purchased as spec cars and being promoted as "last chance air cooled speedsters" by the dealership. Fred Opert Racing was commissioned to buy both cars on his behalf and ship them both to Strosek Germany for the conversions. This is a new and important piece of the puzzle as I had assumed they went to Munich straight from Suttgart - now the fact that I have some jack Daniels documentation, Fred Opert Documentation and Strosek Germany documentation with in some cases conflicting option data all makes sense.

Both cars were converted to Strosek mega wide body Models with only the black one having the red leather inserts done on the seats - then returned to New Hampshire. Fred was able to describe from memory in detail the car and specifics such as exhaust work, seats, body etc. He also believes the owner wanted the head Unit updated while it was over there which will explain the receipt for the different unit explained in the other thread from me.

He also was aware that - in his words "some yahoo added a Supercharger later after the first owner sold it because I got a call from TPC about the car a few years after the original owner sold it".

He seemed unsure if he had any docs left on the car but is hunting so we will see.

If this seems boring sorry but I thought i would share - getting to the bottom of this is actually fun for me

Now - the white one was part of a divorce settlement - I wonder if anyone has any recollection of a White Bodied Strosek Speedster 1994 Vintage ?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

very interesting, thanks for sharing..... I've hit a dead end researching my car.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:32 PM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

Very interesting indeed, and i really like the 90s strosek style.
I hope you keep it as is.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:40 PM
cumd20
Advanced

Yes I love the body styling though I am aware that some purists think it is sacrilegious :-)

There are some Bling I want to get back to stock as I have noted elsewhere - like the dash and head unit - I actually like the 993 center console that was fitted also though i do have the stock console if I change my mind.

Supercharger will stay on it - all body parts and interior, exhaust and the upgraded shocks etc that Strosek fitted.

Quick Reply: Sharing the Mystery History 1994 Strosek Speedster