Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Imola Classic 2012

Slightly off topic, but...

As I've just moved to Bologna, I want to make the most of having Imola so close and I've seen that from June 8-10, 2012 the Imola Classic is on.

I went to the Le Mans Classic a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it, so I'm hoping it'll be a similar event.

Is anyone going to this or been before? I guess it's not as big an event as the Le Mans Classic?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2012, 05:28 PM
Tuscany964
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry I didn't contact you Andy but it was a last minute decision I was just in Imola last weekend with Automobilismo d'Epoca. They held a great day for classic cars. 150 euros for 4x25min sessions plus breakfast, catered lunch etc. Great day! Not to be missed next year. Unfortunately I went with the Miata and blew the engine coming out of Rivazza but what the hell I love that track. The car will be better than new next time round (or I'll take the '64)

P.S.- Doubtful I can make it in June but I strongly recommend you come down here for the mille miglia - it will be the experience of a lifetime.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 AM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hmm, the Mille Miglia - I'd forgotten about that one! It also goes through Bologna, but I guess I could make a trip over to Tuscany on either the 19th or 20th May...! Does the route go near to where you are then? Is there a particular day you usually go an watch it?

Sorry to hear about the engine! I guess that a new one is somewhat cheaper than the '64s though!

Andy
Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Tuscany964
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy Roe
Hmm, the Mille Miglia - I'd forgotten about that one! It also goes through Bologna, but I guess I could make a trip over to Tuscany on either the 19th or 20th May...! Does the route go near to where you are then? Is there a particular day you usually go an watch it?

Sorry to hear about the engine! I guess that a new one is somewhat cheaper than the '64s though!

Andy
Sat 19th at Radicofani from early morning until lunch then we eat in a restaurant there. We book 20-25 spots each year. Only a short (and great) drive from me.

Cheaper than 964 but not cheap. I'm having it rebuilt in bologna.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:51 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While nothing will be as big as Classic Le Mans you should try out. Other classic events are getting very popular back over here. The silverstone classic is now a very big meet as is the Oulton Park Gold cup. The Donington Historic is in it's second year too. What I like about the classic meets is the friendly, go anywhere in the paddock atmosphere and the close racing by the gentleman drivers.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Andy Roe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boxsey911
While nothing will be as big as Classic Le Mans you should try out. Other classic events are getting very popular back over here. The silverstone classic is now a very big meet as is the Oulton Park Gold cup. The Donington Historic is in it's second year too. What I like about the classic meets is the friendly, go anywhere in the paddock atmosphere and the close racing by the gentleman drivers.
Yep, I agree. I'm gonna go. The older cars are also so much more interesting than the newer stuff.

Guiseppe - I'll check to see if I can make it, but I may end up watching the MM from somewhere closer to home. We still aim to cover over at some point though!

Quick Reply: Imola Classic 2012