Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed the spoiler module and yet....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012 | 09:58 AM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Angry Changed the spoiler module and yet....

Last november I bought and changed the spoiler module that manages the ups and downs of our cars rear spoiler, it worked perfectly till today that I went for a spirited sunday morning drive (5000 rpms in 5th gear on the near empty highway) but when I parked my car at home I noticed that the spoiler was up, it got down perfectly with the dash switch but I was pissed off because I was expecting perfect service for many years after buying the new module...

Is there something I am missing regarding this issue?
Old 03-04-2012 | 11:29 AM
jody stowitts
Racer

Maybe just a one-time quirk. If it recurs, then check it out or rig it for manual op. only. Mine (original) was rather squirrelly too, and rather than fuss about a repair-replace, did the "auto-up manual-down" mod.
Old 03-04-2012 | 11:58 AM
GC96
Instructor

If the mechanism is similar to the 993, which I suspect it is, you might take a look at the gearbox mechanism for the spoiler. There are a couple of little rubber protection caps that cover up exposed bolts that can come off and interfere with the limit switches on the whole mechanism. I had that happen to me and the spoiler would go up and then stay there because one of the rubber caps was pushing on the limit switch that tells the control module that the spoiler is in the retracted position.

GC
Old 03-04-2012 | 12:48 PM
rollingjack
Advanced

Here is good old thread, how to check limit swiches and control modul:

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...r-spoiler.html

Quick Reply: Changed the spoiler module and yet....