Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential MaxJax Group Buy, Need a Show of Hands?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 PM
MGW-Fla
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Potential MaxJax Group Buy, Need a Show of Hands?

Hello 964ers!

I have a thread started in several RL forums, with the most info in the 928 forum should anyone have interest in a potential group buy of the MaxJax lift in about 60 days. Last post advises I'll have more confirmation in a couple weeks. You can send me a pm if you think you'd be interested & want me to add you to a growing list so I can keep you best updated.

https://rennlist.com/forums/928-foru...ghlight=maxJax

And at some point when I remember to take some photos of it, I'll post a thread about the boot cover I'll be selling from my former '90 964 cab.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:38 AM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Max Jax Group Buy

It is in my plans to buy one in the next few months.

My problem is that i would need to ship to US address and then have some kind Rennlister organise to freight it to Australia for me. Not impossible but time and trouble for who ever did it.

We pay nearly US$3000 for one here from the Australian distributor and that really is both a rip off and a disincentive to buy one but there is nothing else like the Max Jax.

if anyone would be interested in helping please let me know - I am happy to pay for the time and effort.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Paulie964
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend that works in freight forwarding, if you give me the dimension and weight, I can forward it his way and give you an idea of cost. (if I loose track of this thread, PM me)
Old 02-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Twood
Racer

Originally Posted by Paulie964
I have a friend that works in freight forwarding, if you give me the dimension and weight, I can forward it his way and give you an idea of cost. (if I loose track of this thread, PM me)
This is why I like Rennlist so much:

The dimenions from the Pro Max website are as follows

Shipping Weight: 880 Lbs. / 399 Kg.
Shipping Dimensions: 14" x 64" x 40" / 356 mm. x 1626 mm. x 1016 mm.
Shippimg address would be Brisbane Queensland Australia-zip code for my surburb is 4151

Just checked the price here and in US$ they are $2968.

I will send this as a PM as well

Thanks Ken
Old 02-18-2012, 07:56 PM
Twood
Racer

Default MaxJax surface freight option

I am still very interested in the MaxJax group buy.
My problem (one of many) is finding a freight forwarding company that can offer a surface freight option to Australia. Paulie 964 organised a quote for me via airfreight and the cost was equal to the cost of the MaxJax so that rules out that option.
If anyone has a contact with a freight company that could offer a surface freight quote I would be very interested in contacting them.
Pity Pelican Parts do not sell MaxJax as i could put all my engine parts in one big box and send everything together via surface.

thanks Ken
Old 02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

shipito.com

obviously they are experts in small parcels ... but i think they can also help with large parcels to australia at the best rates (as they ship so much stuff around the world).
Old 02-18-2012, 08:08 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Twood
Pity Pelican Parts do not sell MaxJax as i could put all my engine parts in one big box and send everything together via surface.
yea .. great .. but then it would be over $1k and you would liable for GST 10% and import duty at 5% I think, plus a few fees.

for a $1005 item imported via DHL, I paid about $250 in taxes & fees .. obviously if it was $990 .. it would be much cheaper!

note with shipito.com, you need to complete your own customs delcaration form of the contents and value.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Twood
Racer

Originally Posted by sml
yea .. great .. but then it would be over $1k and you would liable for GST 10% and import duty at 5% I think, plus a few fees.

for a $1005 item imported via DHL, I paid about $250 in taxes & fees .. obviously if it was $990 .. it would be much cheaper!

note with shipito.com, you need to complete your own customs delcaration form of the contents and value.
Shipito on their website quoting system works out to be

DHL Express
$3170.73 + $36 Insurance
(6-12 days)
FedEx Int'l Economy® Freight
$3538.04 (list rate $6517.54)
+ $36 Insurance

and once again it is an airfreight option.
We can but keep on trying - there has to be freight companies in the US that have a surface freight option. You are right about GST and import duties and I will have to pay for these.
On the car parts I need I will break the order down to below the $1000 limit.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:35 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

i havent had much luck with surface freight being any cheaper than air freight when i've checked in the last few years.

might be worth emailing shipito and asking directly about a cheaper air cost or surface cost.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:36 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

also .. just make sure you <$1k parcels are not in the same plane or boat, otherwise you can do as many as you like .. so ship 1 or 2 days apart.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:39 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

could a fellow rennlister split the MaxJax package into smaller parcels? might save heaps due to cheaper air shipping and under $1k as you might have x2 parcels worth $950 each or whatever.

or you can follow priceusa.com.au ..... as it has 'passed through the hands of an agent' the value is decreased by 20% or so .. the 'agent' can be a fellow rennlister.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:21 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Twood

thanks Ken
It's my understanding that we do indeed sell them, perhaps they are just not listed in the catalog yet...

-Wayne
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 02-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Twood
Racer

PM sent

Originally Posted by Wayne at Pelican Parts
It's my understanding that we do indeed sell them, perhaps they are just not listed in the catalog yet...

-Wayne

Quick Reply: Potential MaxJax Group Buy, Need a Show of Hands?