Sponsored by:

New member: baltic blue 1990 C2

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2011, 10:29 AM
PChar
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the comunity.

Baltic is my all time favorite color, and very hard to find as well. I settle for midnight blue, but really wanted a baltic.
Congrats on the new ride.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:52 PM
90_C2_Cab
Instructor

Welcome! You're going to love this site. Use the search capability as there is tons of info already posted on here in the past. I have spent days reading threads about the 964 and the information I've gained has been invaluable.

Like you I chose the 964 because I wanted a classic looking 911 so bad when I was a kid. The 964 is the best of the classic 911's from a refinement and performance perspective.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:07 PM
street rod
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 169 Posts

Beautiful 964. Love the wheels and one of the nicest colors I have seen.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:06 PM
fishing
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car!!
Old 12-18-2011, 12:42 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Welcome!

I parked right by your car a couple weeks back at our local cars & coffee. I gave the car a complete look over and it is indeed a beautiful car. Stunning actually. I posted pictures of it here that day, but didn't want to do a hard sell for someone else's car.

The $19,000 had my head spinning at the time...it was such a pristine car with wonderful mods. for such little money. I spent the whole morning thinking about selling my car and buying MoodyBlu. No engine rebuild at 124K is the only question mark?

The previous owner mentioned that the computer chip was in the wooden box on the driver's side console? Really?

BTW, the motor mounts were really sagging.

A couple pictures from that morning...

Old 12-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Mr.Spacely
Instructor

Haha, wish I would have seen your post, I was teetering between wanting someone local to check it out, and wanting to keep it a secret. The price was either a little or a lot, depending on the longevity of the engine, guess i wont know until something happens. It has been out several times for clutches, including recently along with a RMS, but can't confirm what else may have been done.

Ah yes, the 5-position "PrompaQ" switch installed by the first owner. I looked that up, company is no longer around, but it lets you switch between the factory "chip", a valet "chip", and three other aftermarket chips of your choice. Right now there is an Autothority and a Weltmeister in two of the slots, but i don't know where these are housed yet. The little wooden box just houses the actual switch, and it so old school i may just keep it!
Old 12-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Laker
Drifting

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hello and welcome, (I'm a little late to the party) Great looking car!
Old 04-24-2014, 09:17 PM
snoblower
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mr.Spacely
Been lurking for about a month, but now I am the proud new owner of this baltic blue 964. This is my first Porsche, after falling in love with 911's as a kid over 30 years ago..... I think that was long enough to wait, don't you?

The color L37B and the list of appropriate mods were what interested me in this car:

Ruf wheels
turbo mirrors
4 piston rear calipers
strut bar of some variety
Eibach suspension
Weltmeister chip
+ Autothority chip (5 position "Prompaq" chip switcher)
H4 lights
Euro tail lights
K&N (may switch back to a Wix)

Condition was what sold me, original paint, no squeaks or rattles, no leaks, obviously well cared for by two picky people (I'm the 3rd owner). 124K on the odo, runs like a scalded cat. I decided to forgo the PPI, against conventional wisdom I know, so fingers are crossed that I don't become another statistic . Price was $19K for the curious, that leaves a little wiggle room before we get to the magic $25K threshold. So far, no issues.

Still in learning-mode right now....going through the logbook full of copious notes, recorded by the first owner. Each change and upgrade to the car is chronicled, along with some owner performance testing, experimentation with different camber settings, oil changes noted, etc. Mobil-1 15w-50 since the first oil change. Learning what all the switches do, etc. Unfortunately no receipts came down to me, so I am reaching out to the first owner to see what else -- if anything -- he might be able to provide.

Here is a pic from the PO. Love the period-correct stuff about this car!

Coincidence? I had a 1990 C4, added Ruff wheels and switchable ECU chip. Interior was beige. I bought it in 1994, with 6K miles, in SF for 1/2 of cost, about $36K. Previous owner had all records and just about every magazine article on the C4 debut. I sold it 6 yrs later (kids) with 36k miles for same price! I loved the Baltic Blue and never saw another one. That is a beautiful & well made car. Now about to take Euro Delivery on new Macan Turbo, which has same base price as that 1990 C4, 24 yrs later! Enjoy that car...
Old 04-25-2014, 01:13 AM
TouringTeg
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fantastic deal. I can't blame you for skipping the ppi.

I passed on a basket case baltic blue c2 a while back. Great color
Old 04-25-2014, 06:17 AM
g60pops
Burning Brakes

The Ruf wheels sit just perfect.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:51 AM
fluxdon
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never seen the baltic blue perfore, looks "special" in a good way
Congratulations!