Sponsored by:

Need driver seat bottom frame - 8 way

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:00 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need driver seat bottom frame - 8 way

Recently I bought a complete interior out of a low mileage salvage car to update the seats in my high mileage car.

The 8 way driver seat on the salvage car was crushed from the impact to the driver door. I was not able to salvage the newer seat bottom frame, but I did put the skins and cushions on my existing 4 way seat frame to make the seat operational, except for the electric seat back tilt.

I would like to use the electric seat back tilt, but the hinges are different on the 8 way seat bottom frame.

Does anyone have an 8 way seat bottom frame they would sell? Don't need foam or leather/vinyl covers.

Last edited by altarchsa; 12-04-2011 at 05:06 AM.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:12 PM
Goughary
Race Car

Received 429 Likes on 278 Posts

I'm trying to give away a set of 12 way power seats. They are in need of upholstery, but mechanically good with good switches (one brand new).

I am not disassembling them, parting them out in anyway, or shipping. They are in boxes, taped closed at the top and ready for a furniture delivery service like plycon vanlines to blanket wrap and deliver. They are free to anyone that wants to have them pickup up.

If these can work, pm me and arrange to have them dragged out of my living room....lol..
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
user 783003
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set in my attic. All motors and switches have been pulled out. How hard would it be to take the part that you want off of the seat?
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to detach the set back first. You remove the two plastic covers on the hinges, then a small bracket that attaches the seat back release cable, two square pins that key into the hinge gearing, and finally two bolts through each hinge into the seat back.

Then you have to remove the covers, which involves cutting a lot of hog rings. If you have a good pair of dikes, it's easy. Then the cushion just lifts off, leaving the metal frame. About a 20 minute job, unless you're saving the covers, in which case maybe 30 - 40 minutes.

Quick Reply: Need driver seat bottom frame - 8 way