Sponsored by:

Rear blower motor source

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 12:57 AM
napaul
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear blower motor source

hi there fellas i am getting ready to park my 1989 c4 and want to address some small maintenace issues. 1. is the belt tension sensor which has lost it's wheel and is now riding on the belt 2.rear blower bearings are going as they are noisy.
I have searched and read some of the posts concerning this issue and am having trouble finding confirmation of a good source for just replacing the motor.I first tried berlyn motors which was suggested on here so i emailed bert there and have not heard back anything and second i have located replacement motor at auto parts warehouse for $150 Part #: W0133-1602886 but wanted to ask has anyone bought from here before and is this part a good fit or is there a better source.
As for the belt sensor i got one from dealer up here for $100 a little more than some other places but no shipping charges and especially no brokerage fee weeks after delivery showing up in my mailbox from fedex or ups.

On the bright side waiting for my wheels to be finished at the powder coating and brake ducts coming from rennspeed and my new h&r greens.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:38 AM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an entire assy (rear heater blower) 45K miles in pristine shape should you be interested.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:18 PM
reed
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the thread below for instructions on replacing the blower motor and my last post for a source. Auto Parts Warehouse still lists the motor for around $150 with free shipping. They're constantly running discounts so you should be able to get it below that.

https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...wer-motor.html
Old 10-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Twood
Racer

I also have a complete blower assembly but i might be a bit far away-Australia.
I bought a new blower motor from Bosch if thats any help
Old 10-26-2011, 03:08 AM
napaul
Racer

pm sent kai

Quick Reply: Rear blower motor source