Sponsored by:

Cruise control not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:12 AM
MA7008O
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Cruise control not working

It just stop working and do not know where to star looking (fuse is OK).

It does nothing.

List of components involved and procedure to test them will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Jacke2c
Formerly turbotwoshoes
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Cruise Control

Read previous posts using the search function, but the first place to look/try is the clutch and brake mico-switches (I wasted $125 buying the cruise module so I am speaking from expertise.). as a pre-test: find a nice safe stretch of road. Try to engage the cruise... mine wouldn't either. As you are driving along, put your toe under the clutch pedal and pull it all the way back twoards you. I would bet you 99% of the time that you will find your cruise will immediately start to work when you now try to engage it... If not that, then try pulling on the brake pedal with your toe and then try to engage the cruise control....

When you discover that works, you will need to get back to your shop and adjust the micro-switch so that it is enaged when the pedal is in its release position.

If all this doesn't work, check the continuity in your micro-switches first. They are near the loor and in the footwell where all the dirt collects over time...

I hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:09 AM
MA7008O
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you very much.

I'll try it and see.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:46 AM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on the micro switch.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:46 PM
la crosse
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this same problem with my cruise not working. It was originally the micro switches. I had my mechanic take care of adjusting them for about $75.

Now, even though my micro switches are ok, my cruise has stopped working again. I'm interested, too, in what route to take to fix it.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM
johnbtrask
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The fault is with a short link between the return spring and the pedal that with time wears to the point that it prevents the clutch from lifting all the way. Replace that part and the problem goes away.

Quick Reply: Cruise control not working