Thoughts on Exhaust Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:33 AM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unkle
ok so tin ware needs to be sorted and wrap possible. Thomas you have pm
I did all the tins I could myself. However, I bought that one and chickened out because the manifold needed to come off to do it with the engine in and I didn't want the hassle of head studs shearing. So I left it until the engine rebuild. BTW that piece of tin costs about £220.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:02 PM
Unkle
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i had a look back over your old posts. Mine aren't too bad, just that back one (perhaps mine have been replaced before where the owner could get to it) but its on the list of things to do.

Ok well exhaust wrap is cheap for the time being, and will possibly do a similar job (although i fully understand the need to get it sorted asap). I assume that the reduction of heat from exhaust wrap is more effective than a piece of metal that conducts heat rapidly like the basic tinware, however It will be having a large service in the new year so will look into it then when the exhaust/pipework is off for tappets. Only about 500 miles till its off the road for the winter anyway (and one more track day).

500c or 1000c exhaust wrap to tide me over? Not sure i need 1000c without a turbo, probably just overkill?

Quick Reply: Thoughts on Exhaust Wrap