Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any 964ers attending the Mille Porsche Festival in Atlanta?

Old 09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
4re308
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Any 964ers attending the Mille Porsche Festival in Atlanta?

Hello 964ers, I'm putting on a tremendous Porsche event for the East Coast called the Mille Porsche Festival. We are going after a world record and want to have as many 964s at this event as possible.

I do realize that there are several threads about The Mille on Rennlist, but we are reaching out to everyone and as many Porsche owners as humanly possible. Lets try and bring the record to the US.

Anyway browse the website...

http://www.themille.com/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WELCOME!! To coincide with four major Porsche Milestones; the 60th Anniversary of Porsche in the USA, the 51st Anniversary of the Porsche Club of America, the 25th Anniversary of the Porsche 944 Turbo and the 25th Anniversary of the Porsche 959 , TheMille.com is embarking on a challenge that will be a record breaking attempt! The current Guinness World Record is 2325 and was set in Germany 2008 by Ingo Robener with PorscheFreude, thats an amazing number of Porsche. Its time to show our American pride and lets break the record! My official Guinness World Records Membership # 317991 and our official record claim # 361886. We will also take the time to celebrate the Porsche Aftermarket.

I'd like to thank Porsche Cars North America for their help and generosity. THANK YOU PORSCHE!!

We are aware of guests & caravans of Porsches coming from California, Texas, Mississippi, Connecticut, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, Alabama, Oklahoma and Kentucky to attend this event. We cannot wait to see how many cars show up! We are getting a good number of pre-registrations now! Keep an eye out for our ads in PCA Peachstate Presse, Dupont Registry, Excellence Magazine and 9 Magazine! Thanks for your support.

Activity Details

* The Mille Record Setting Parade of Porsches Largest in North America & Concours

* Porsche 944 Turbo Corral to celebrate 25th Anniversary

* Porsche 959 Corral to celebrate 25th Anniversary

* Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet, Porsche Vendor Row, Porsche Cars “For Sale” Corral

* Additional record setting “Largest Gathering of 911, 944, 914, 928, 968, Boxster, Cayman, etc.”

* Porsche Only Exhibition Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway

Official Parade Itinerary & Schedule of Events

FRIDAY November 4th 2011

10:00am Vendor Set up at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Cars For Sale Corral set up, can drop off your cars today.

10:00am Registration for The Mille Parade, Porsche Concours d’Elegance, Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway.

10:00am Set up for Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet

There will be 24 hour armed security onsite. You are welcome to park and leave your trailers, RVs onsite and overnight.

SATURDAY November 5th 2011

6:30am Gates Open for Final Vendor set up and arrangements on Vendor Row.

6:30am Final Registration for The Mille Parade, Porsche Concours d’Elegance & Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway.

7:00am – 11:00am Parade Cars Take Position & preparations in the Earnhardt parking lot

9:00am Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet begins in Vendor Row.

10:00am Drivers Meeting at for Mille 2011 World Record Attempt Parade

11:00am Parade Begins from AMS and ends at AMS by 12:30-1:30.

We will attempt to break a World Record with the most Porsches in a single parade. You will be able to drive on the street in this historic parade, with Porsche race cars, concept cars, new cars, old cars. A helicopter will be following the parade to document this amazing parade.

BY 12:00pm ANY OTHER VEHICLE that is not a Porsche needs to be removed from the AMS infield. From 12pm-6pm the infield is considered PURE PORSCHE Grounds. Absolutely no other cars or trucks are allowed inside the infield for any reason, except of course emergency vehicles. We want people to experience 100% Porsche and be surrounded by Porsches. We want to evoke the passion we have for these cars from you.

12:30pm-1:00pm Once The Mille parade is complete, we will arrive back at Atlanta Motor Speedway and enter the infield and onto the track and start stacking cars on the AMS oval track for aerial photos. We will park Porsches Bumper to Bumper on the oval track and a helicopter will take photos. After everyone has a photo opportunity of a lifetime, we will begin the festivities!

12:00pm-7:00pm Porsche Concours d’Elegance, Laps on Atlanta Motor Speedway, Porsche Parts & Literature Swap Meet, Lunch, Dinner, Snacks, rub elbows with ex Porsche factory drivers & celebrites.

All Porsche Clubs and individual model clubs welcome to have their club meet at this event. Plenty of room and safe parking.

♦♦♦♦♦ RAIN DATE IS November 6th 2011 ♦♦♦♦♦

If you sign up to be part of the world record attempt it is EXTREMELY important to be here when we ask you to. If you register, we ask you to keep your word that you will show up with your Porsche(s). We must obey all traffic laws and speed limits or we can jeopardize the record attempt.

There will be Sheriffs Department officers and Georgia State Patrol onsite at all times.

Please email me: porschemille@gmail.com mitch@themille.com or call me anytime 770-846-0440

We have some top notch sponsorships already signed on. If you or your company would like to sponsor the Mille 2011 Rally, please contact me.

Thanks for checking out the site, and please pass the word along to other fellow Porsche lovers that you know. We need to really work hard to make this work. I will need volunteers throughout the next several months, if you are interested in helping us please contact me.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:12 PM
4re308
Racer

Just confirmed that a 935 is coming exhibition laps and display!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:20 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This sounds like fun I will try and make it, I would love to meet some local rennlisters.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
4re308
Racer

Cool man! Just wanted to update everyone. We are expecting over 25 caravans of PCA members from all over the country! Should be a HOOT of a good time. I want to see as many 964s as we can! Thanks for your help guys!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:00 PM
4re308
Racer

Got an email from Porsche today letting me know that I will find out next week at some point, what "historic" race cars they are bringing to the Mille. We will be getting a lot of cars from Rennsport in CA! I'm super excited.
Old 10-11-2011, 05:09 PM
4re308
Racer

So far we have several 964 sign up and I need some RS America Roadsters and RS lightweights too!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any 964ers attending the Mille Porsche Festival in Atlanta?