Sponsored by:

2 out of 3- not bad- THANKS!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
kkozski
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 out of 3- not bad- THANKS!

Thanks, gentlemen, for all your technical expertise and precise explanations!

I was able to relieve my dashboard of two of the three lights that have been plaguing it recently.

Rear spoiler light- thank goodness just the gear arm was loose and one tightened bolt has everything going up and down again. Dash light did its job, and now it is gone! Now I will be able to have fun on tomorrow's drive.

Washer fluid light- who would have thought that light goes on when it drops below 2L (that seems like a lot). Add a few more liters and voila light gone.

Did take Belt Tension Sensor off and apart, clean it and reinstall. Unfortunately, light still on. Looks like all bits and belts are operating as intended except for the switch. May have to purchase my first replacement part.

Add these repairs to the window and seat switch tear down/clean ups and the list of annoying things that don't work well is growing smaller.

THANKS!!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:06 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

There is always something on a 20 year old car.

Marc
Old 09-01-2011, 11:30 AM
kkozski
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got sensor figured out. It was the dreaded flat spot on the small wheel. A little epoxy, and it was good to go until the plastic tabs that hold the metal arm blew off in a cloud of 21 year old plastic dust!!! I ordered a new sensor from Sunset ($78) and now have all the spare parts I need. Ordered spare belts too.

Thanks for getting me in there to try. Plotting my next project now.

Quick Reply: 2 out of 3- not bad- THANKS!