Sponsored by:

WILL HR REDS FIT THE 89 C4

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
napaul
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WILL HR REDS FIT THE 89 C4

Hi guys just mulling over some options for lowering the car and have decided i want to try the HR reds part #29834 on my 89 c4.Does anyone know if they will fit the stock shocks on the 89?
I know this is not the recomended way to go but rather to install new shocks like billsteins while i am in there but my car is still handling great and shocks appear to be in good shape i believe they were replaced at one point already and i just want to lower the stance.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:43 PM
alexjc4
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there's two questions really. 1. are the reds OK, 2.is it ok to fit lowering springs to old shocks

point 1 is open for debate, but if its lowering you are interested in, keep in mind that being stiffer than the "greens" the reds will ride slightly higher. There are some threads on here on the subject and a few opinions, for example:
https://rennlist.com/forums/964-foru...s-on-a-c4.html

on point 2, you may get away with it, but my experience has been, when trying it with the two cars I've lowered with just springs is that it doesn't take long for the shocks to blow their seals and then you're taking it all apart again to fit new shocks and ideally re-doing the alignment. I may have been unlucky but I learned my lesson and haven't tried it again since. If you are doing the work yourself it may just be worth trying your luck.. just.

Quick Reply: WILL HR REDS FIT THE 89 C4