Sponsored by:

C4 engine removal pdas cylinder removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 02:17 PM
dfink
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C4 engine removal pdas cylinder removal

I have been following the directions for an engine drop as posted by Garrett. Everything has gone pretty well except for the removal of the front (longitudinal) pdas lock cylinder. The horizontal one popped right out. I have removed the "U" clip and the driveshaft and driveshaft tube are disconnected. It looks like according to the right up that the cylinder should come free and then be removed once the tranny support is dropped a bit. It is in there solid. It won't even budge a little bit. Tried to wedge between the line connection and the case but I don't want to break anything. It may be corroded but wanted to get more advise before using more force.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

The PDAS cylinders can be stubborn to remove. I have had to pry on it a bit to get it to pop loose. I would suggest trying more .
Old 08-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Ducks964
Racer

I had the same problem. It would not budge. We got the engine out with it still in, but took some filing and a perfect angle. Would not recommend this route though. Love the manual on this which makes it sound like it is an easy item to remove.
Old 08-14-2011, 10:07 PM
dfink
AutoX

Thanks for the responses. I did finally get the actuator out. It took quite a bit of prying. I also think it got kind of cocked and that made it worse. I was finally able to find a place to pry and get it straight and then it popped right out.

Quick Reply: C4 engine removal pdas cylinder removal