Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver aids?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:26 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've got my old Pirelli's still laying around on the original rims (just to protect the original Cup1s rims I fitted replicas - nobody noticed )... Thinking of slapping them on and giving it a shot.

It's quite dusty here, so the grip levels are low... good combo.

Thanks for the tips FederalComprehension!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:39 PM
FeralComprehension
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LMAO.... that's *feral*comprehension. And you're welcome- let us know how it works out!
Old 08-24-2011, 01:45 PM
DWS964
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by spentmiles
at least on my 90 C4, there is actually a light in one of the instruments that shows when the PDAS engages the AWD. . I forget what instrument and am away form the car right now. It is the same one that has the red AWD indicator on during start-up (right next to it I believe).

It lights up green, and it is a joy to see when going a little hot into a corner (do not lift) and you fully expect the back end to start to slide. The green light tells me keep on it and claw your way through :-)

As a side from the factory Porsche did not equip it with a bulb, I believe they thought it would be to distracting, but I learned about it here. shine a flashlight through your clusters from the front and you will spot it.
I have heard about the magic green light, also, but have not tried removing the gauge to try inserting a bulb into the blank slot. Does anyone know if this is a wired-in feature available on all 964's or perhaps just on the very early (89-90...) models. It certainly seems a safer alternative to peeking down at the little light above the PDAS switch on the console, during a "spirited" adventure through a corner, to see if/when the PDAS engages.
Old 08-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by FeralComprehension
LMAO.... that's *feral*comprehension. And you're welcome- let us know how it works out!
My apologies ...

That's what happens with BBs these days... I can barely read what's on the screen and copy/paste doesn't work as easy as on a PC. Still, I'm laughing as I type this
Old 08-25-2011, 03:52 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DWS964
It certainly seems a safer alternative to peeking down at the little light above the PDAS switch on the console, during a "spirited" adventure through a corner, to see if/when the PDAS engages.
That's the first thing I did when I noticed something off with the handling... no traffic here when I leave the office at 20.00
Old 08-25-2011, 11:10 PM
Marc Shaw
Super Duper Moderator
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DWS964
Does anyone know if this is a wired-in feature available on all 964's or perhaps just on the very early (89-90...) models.
I have it on my '91 so it is not just the earliest.

Marc

Quick Reply: Driver aids?