Sponsored by:

Car cover source?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 PM
vespam5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Car cover source?

Hey guys, so I am getting some work done on my garage and the 964 has to sleep outside for a few weeks. I had a nice car cover from Beverly Hills Motorsport which I was using up until last night when my new puppy decided it was delicious and tore it shreds last night. BAD DOG!!

Pelican parts only does special order car covers with a 1-3 week turnaround, anybody know of a source for a car cover who stocks them? I can'y leave my baby exposed too long!

Cheers.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Navaros911
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Work with two layers... one cotton or anything else that's soft on the paint itself.
Second layer any cheap car cover to protect it from the elements (mainly sun I guess).

You may even be able to get some things at your standard auto shop and get the base indoor cover from Porsche - at least the first layer needs to fit nicely.

Since it's only a few weeks I'm sure you don't need to worry too much about breathability.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Brandon-FL
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Might want to check Craigslist, these pop up pretty often at a decent price. Here is a link the the statewidelist.com search for California:

http://www.statewidelist.com/Results...&button=Search

The OEM 996 and Boxster covers will fit a 964 and work great. If you get in a pinch, I have an OEM outdoor cover I can loan you for a few weeks if you promise to mail it back to me when you are done.

Brandon
brandonallenporter@yahoo.com
Old 07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
vespam5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brandon, real nice of you man but if my dog chewed yours up I'd feel horrible! I maybe jsut end up with a generic one.....

Quick Reply: Car cover source?