Sponsored by:

4 way power seat not 100% working

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:38 PM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4 way power seat not 100% working

My rear adjustment has stopped working, the seat is only going up on one side. When I hit the button I get an unpleasant noise and the seat twists a bit as one side comes up. Does anyone know how the seat mechanism works and how I can sort out the problem.

Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 05:12 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Your seats sit on 4 corners that are made of a kind of screw mechanism that provides the up and down motion. There is one motor per adjustment, (two motors, one for front elevation, one for back), and power needs to be distributed from the motor to the seat adjusters. It is done through the use of a torque/spring device. It's like a small screen door spring that twists. Each end is a square profile shaft that fits into the motor housing, and the adjuster at the other end.

If you flip a seat over, all the description above it will become immediately clear to you.

Based on your description, the torque shaft has slipped out of one end, and is not causing the seat to move up or down anymore.

It is probably an easy fix. Remove the seat, and have at it. Also you might want to lube/grease parts while you're in there.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:52 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, thanks for the info Too bad it was not the passanger seat that broke, I want to pull out the old amp under it and need to remove the seat to do it.

Quick Reply: 4 way power seat not 100% working