Beautiful cars in London

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Henry964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beautiful cars in London

Well, I am back from my 10 days trip to London...and what can I say, beautiful city, awful weather (it rained nearly every day) and lotīs and lotīs of very nice sports cars:
Several Aston Martins, Ferraris and Lamborghinis parked in the street!!! no way you would see this in Buenos Aires,also saw some Lotus around
I saw many 997s in every posible iteration, Caymans, Boxsters and Cayennes, several 964 and 993s in good shape, a couple of Panameras and even one nice 944S2 parked just front of my hotel.
Relating to my last visit to London many years ago, the number of quality cars you may see around has increased markedly.
I was staying near the Royal Albert Hall in a small Hotel 1 block away from the Queenīs Gate to Hyde Park,nice enviroment and also very safe.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:40 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Henry964
Well, I am back from my 10 days trip to London...and what can I say, beautiful city, awful weather (it rained nearly every day)
Be grateful you visited in summer. Any other time and it wouldn't have been nearly every day.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:07 PM
mlambert890
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Henry964
Well, I am back from my 10 days trip to London...and what can I say, beautiful city, awful weather (it rained nearly every day) and lotīs and lotīs of very nice sports cars:
Several Aston Martins, Ferraris and Lamborghinis parked in the street!!! no way you would see this in Buenos Aires,also saw some Lotus around
I saw many 997s in every posible iteration, Caymans, Boxsters and Cayennes, several 964 and 993s in good shape, a couple of Panameras and even one nice 944S2 parked just front of my hotel.
Relating to my last visit to London many years ago, the number of quality cars you may see around has increased markedly.
I was staying near the Royal Albert Hall in a small Hotel 1 block away from the Queenīs Gate to Hyde Park,nice enviroment and also very safe.
Thats b/c Argentina is too far from the ME Id say 1 out of 100 of those cars (the supercars) that you see in London is actually owned by a Brit
Old 06-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Porscheholic
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I also just returned from London and was amazed at the number of Ferraris I saw crawling around in 2 mph traffic. I think I was able to get around faster by simply walking than those driving their cars through the city.

But back on topic - Porsches - yes, saw a lot of them in London, but what surprised me was how many I saw in Iceland. The top speed limit in Iceland is 90 kph, so I didn't expect to see ANY Porsches, but I saw a lot of them in and around Reykjavik.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:12 PM
clinchy993
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ah but the steak in your fair city is the best ,the places by the warf on the water front were my favourite

Quick Reply: Beautiful cars in London