wow I now know what you meant

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Smokey7766
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default wow I now know what you meant

the slippery slope...I got it now

started by taking off the front bumper cover for a little touch up....saw a little oil leak at the cooler...took cooler off for cleaning and pressure testing for leaks...none thank god...figured may as well replace the ballast resistor...found out theres and exact one on a/c side...figured may as well do that one too...looked at the worn oil lines...figured why not replace those too...my repair/replace list grows faster than my fixed list.....wow I am sliding down the slippery slope fast and have yet to attain my motor....

had no idea what you meant by beware the slippery slope at the time....now I know
Old 06-13-2011, 12:58 AM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

naw, that's just good maintenance. very wise

in my mind the slope is when you start to alter the suspension, better struts/springs, then 3 piece wheels, better tires, upgrade the brakes, slotted rotors(maybe even frozen), and that's before you start into the engine

Last edited by stevepaa; 06-13-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 12:22 AM
johnsjmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Or when you drop the engine JUST to do the clutch. End up with a lightweight flyweel,which needs a chip, plus RS motor mounts and then throw in a trans rebuild while you,re in there you might as well regear the box.

Quick Reply: wow I now know what you meant