Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open luggage compartment or doors creating 80mA current drain - why?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 10:02 PM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post

Very intersting! Of note, it takes about 5-10 seconds before the 80mA drain to drops off when the door is closed. I guess that for storage it's good to keep the doors, luggage and engine compartments closed - even when no lights are illuminated!

I'll keep an eye on things, but maybe my drain is not a dramatic as I had thought, since I was including the open luggage compartment in the initial drain measurements.

Thanks for the help with this!
Old 05-31-2011, 11:10 PM
power_up
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RSAErick
Very intersting! Of note, it takes about 5-10 seconds before the 80mA drain to drops off when the door is closed. I guess that for storage it's good to keep the doors, luggage and engine compartments closed - even when no lights are illuminated!

I'll keep an eye on things, but maybe my drain is not a dramatic as I had thought, since I was including the open luggage compartment in the initial drain measurements.

Thanks for the help with this!
I discovered the exactly the same as you did. And also had the same question in my mind. However, it drain low current when all doors and lid were closed. Just think this is normal.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:20 AM
RSAErick
Burning Brakes

Received 42 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by power_up
I discovered the exactly the same as you did. And also had the same question in my mind. However, it drain low current when all doors and lid were closed. Just think this is normal.
Thanks for confirming. This must be normal, which makes me feel better.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:45 AM
mcharus
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"Of note, it takes about 5-10 seconds before the 80mA drain to drops off when the door is closed"

I think when the dome lights time out the drain drops off, locate the trunk light harness plug just below the trunk light and unplug it, turn the dome lights off and pick up a battery tender during down times, saves the battery.

Quick Reply: Open luggage compartment or doors creating 80mA current drain - why?