Burned by Auto Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:59 PM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

I'd be wary of a few things when comparing pricing. Firstly, I would make sure that parts are compared apples to apples. Some of the prices listed above are well below my cost (from multiple suppliers), which leads me to believe that perhaps vendors are substituting another part number for the 964 part number (964-606-160-00). Also, it's important to make sure that pricing is not out of date. This particular part is not very popular. Amongst my three main suppliers, I see they only three in stock in the entire country. Low volume parts like these tend to not get pricing updated if they are out of stock (I've seen this before with competitors - when the part comes back in stock, they raise the price to match the new price they had to pay on the new delivery). With the dollar going down (9% over the last year), we're going to see some price increases in the very near future.

In general, it's also sometimes a bit difficult to compare pricing on BOSCH products sometimes because of the supersessions, and the BOSCH PN versus Porsche part number issues. For an absolute guarantee that the parts will fit, I typically order only the Porsche OEM part number.

-Wayne
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 05-15-2011, 01:17 AM
SuperUser
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a bummer the Auto Atlanta was not cool. I am about to move to South Forsyth County and they would have been kind of close to get parts from.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:27 PM
braol
Advanced

Auto Atlanta always display true Southern hospitality...schmoozing you with sweet -talk while charging you double. Just check out an episode of Green Acres with Mr. Hanney and you'll see what I'm talking about.

PS Before all the haters start trash-talking me (funny how the sweet-talkers are the first to flame someone) I lived in South Georgia for 12 years with the military so I know what I'm talking about. Some time I'll have to tell you how a machine shop in Fayetteville, GA once told me "we don't work on any of those weird metric foreign-jobs." Sheesh.....
Old 05-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Jimjacqmx5
Instructor

Well, a little update. Mentioned vendor has advised my parts were sent but must have got lost in the mail. Hmmm. That said, they were gracious enough to coff up a full refund. So, I have no tail lights or center reflector BUT I am also not out of pocket and the email I got from them was very apologetic. Credit where credit is due.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:12 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimjacqmx5
Well, a little update. Mentioned vendor has advised my parts were sent but must have got lost in the mail. Hmmm. That said, they were gracious enough to coff up a full refund. So, I have no tail lights or center reflector BUT I am also not out of pocket and the email I got from them was very apologetic. Credit where credit is due.
Glad to read you got your money back. I never did... @#%#$ anyway, old wounds... must let it go...

Pelican and Sunset for me... Vertex if I happen to be in Miami that week.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 AM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 407 Likes on 229 Posts

Daryl,
You may wish to send a PM directly to member "AutoAtlanta". Bradley Brownell posts on Rennlist and has assisted me in the past.

He may also wish to see this thread and weigh in.

Andreas
Old 05-19-2011, 01:06 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In reply to Daryl. I am very sorry that there was a very long delay on your order. You should not have been told the part was in stock when it was not. We have recently been having trouble with shipping as our manager of shipping No-Called-No-Showed on us for 4 straight days and it is hard to work when you are a man down. Not trying to make an excuse, as it should not have happened regardless. As for the shipping, I would commend you if you could find a way to have FedEx charge 25 dollars for an overnight envelope anywhere. They charged us exactly the same amount that you were charged.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:08 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

In reply to Jim in Australia. I distinctly remember packaging that package myself. I know what size box it was in, what the parts looked like, and what day they left our building. I am not sure where they ended up, but they were sent out.

I am sorry that the Ebay parts you purchased were lost, and I am not sure how to remedy it. Hopefully whoever got them will appreciate the gift!
Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by braol
Some time I'll have to tell you how a machine shop in Fayetteville, GA once told me "we don't work on any of those weird metric foreign-jobs." Sheesh.....
I am from Michigan, and there was a mechanic in Fayetteville that told me he would not work on my car because it was too rusty! It may not have been pristine, but there were no frozen bolts or anything!

I live here now, and I love it, but it's an entirely different attitude.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:13 PM
AutoAtlanta
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sml
I asked auto atlanta to confirm if their coils were black in colour.
They replied and confirmed, yes.
I ordered the coils.
When they arrived they were silver.
Also burned.
Never again.
We can only go by the information that we are given. The picture we use from our suppliers shows a black coil, so we must assume we are getting a black coil. I assume you are speaking about the 944 coil from bosch. The Black ones are made in Germany, and the Silver ones are made somewhere in south America.

If you still have the silver one, please return it to us for a full refund, we do not want to be known as liars!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:08 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimjacqmx5
waiting another two weeks after supposedly shipped and nothing yet.
this seems reasonable for a USPS shipped order.
i would wait 3-4 weeks before being concerned.
my guess is that it will turn up soon.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:10 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AutoAtlanta
If you still have the silver one, please return it to us for a full refund,
i did return it for a refund but it cost me about $32 in shipping to return (shipping fees & mail forwarding fees).

i cannot recall if you refunded the original shipping from autoatlanta to myself at CA.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

If shipped UPS get the tracking number and find out where it is - all UPS shipments can be tracked to the hour and location ( or pretty close) as to the last entered report.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:19 AM
wellcraft290
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 18 Posts

well thanks for the heads up will stay away, but I will say pelican is not perfect either but they did step up at the end. Seems like auto atlanta won't.

Pelican had the wrong oil filters listed to fit our car and I had to ship them back. go figure not worth the 8 bucks to ship back two filters. But they stepped up and paid for shipping etc finally after a few calls saying I ordered the wrong filter, but there site was wrong. regardless took one call and they fixed it and kept my business.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:19 PM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wellcraft290
well thanks for the heads up will stay away, but I will say pelican is not perfect either but they did step up at the end. Seems like auto atlanta won't.

Pelican had the wrong oil filters listed to fit our car and I had to ship them back. go figure not worth the 8 bucks to ship back two filters. But they stepped up and paid for shipping etc finally after a few calls saying I ordered the wrong filter, but there site was wrong. regardless took one call and they fixed it and kept my business.
Wayne and his team are great. They get most of my $$ in parts... and because of their service and price it is the one I recommend the most when asked. Even when there have been mistakes on my part, they help.

Between Pelican and Sunset there is really no need for me to go anywhere else for parts. And no, I don't work for them, not paid advertisement, blah blah. Just one happy customer.

Quick Reply: Burned by Auto Atlanta