Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just finished Porsche Driving School!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 12:31 PM
mike9186
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default just finished Porsche Driving School!

I'm headed out of Birmingham Alabama after 2 great days at the Barber Motorsports track. It was incredible fun to drive the new cars fast and hard (mostly Carerra S and Cayman S) on a track. The instructors are terrific too. It may not be cheap to attend but I doubt porsche makes any money on this program. The only downside was not getting taken on a hotlap with an instructor in a 997turbo and Panamera turbo because if the storms that rolled in. They did send a few out before the rain and the sound the turbos make when they launch is phenomenal. It will scare you.

In the end, I'm still glad I have a 964. The new models are too plush and too refined and too potent to get the most out of in the street. The shifter and clutch on the 997 is child's play compared to the 964.

I could definitely see myself going to the more advanced Master Class after I improve my hee/ toe and get better with car handling.

I'm in an iPhone waiting for a connecting flight but I wanted to quickly share my experience. 10 out of 10!!!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:20 AM
Dave White
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice! On my todo list, along with factory delivery! Some day....
Old 04-17-2011, 09:49 AM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 514 Posts

I was lucky when I went as they actually ran us around the track in the rain and showed us how to drive fast in the stuff - amazing...........also off-road in the rain was a good challenge.........definitely improves your driving skills.........

Quick Reply: just finished Porsche Driving School!