Sponsored by:

Yellow 964 Targa

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Brian964
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yellow 964 Targa

Hi everyone, I am a 964 Newbie to Rennlist.

Targa picture is below.

A few days back I posted an entry in the “Ultimate Targa” thread. Many thanks PNine64 and ducnine for the comments.

Yes the yellow colour is unusual. From what I have read, yellow was not a standard and only supplied as a requested option.

Unfortunately I cant confirm that my coating was as factory supplied. There is a Porsche paint sticker in the boot, and the guys who did the PPI in December when I purchased the car, assured me that it had not been resprayed. But I do not have the original log book, and the data bank information in the boot has gone missing.

The car was originally delivered to Japan, and then came to Australia by way of New Zealand. So its certainly done a bit of travelling.

I have searched the Internet, and with tips from Renlist postings, run the VIN number through various data bases.

They all confirm the basic car information, type, year etc. and even reference some of the option codes. These codes correctly describe the features found in the car. But nothing is mentioned about the paint.

In the US it seems easy to get the Works Record info. Out here in Oz I am not sure how to do this. I spoke to the local Porsche people by phone, and they were able to pull up some data on their computer. Although helpful they could not tell me too much “because the record was in German”. They were not willing or able to send me a copy by e-mail.

I could try them again, but I thought that maybe I should get some hints from the experts first. Can anyone tell me if I can approach Porsche Germany directly, or if there is another way for ROW people to get factory Works Record information?

To the purists I suppose not having the original car information will condemn me to purgatory. In Oz apparently a spotless pedigree counts for a lot. I must admit that its not a big issue in my life. The car is in great condition, with clearly plenty of loving care having been given to it by its previous owners. I am delighted with it, and just thrilled to be actually owning a 964 Porsche. They are just moving works of art. I regard myself as a custodian, and I am in it for the long haul.

As my wife might say “I now love the car and drive her…to distraction”.

By the way, I have seen one other Yellow 964 Targa. It features in the film “Tamara Drewe”. You can see it in the advertising trailer clips and stills. It even looks as if it is Talbot Yellow.

However one things for certain, I look better in my Porsche! (……..hysterical laughter from the wife !)
Attached Images   

Last edited by Brian964; 03-23-2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:16 AM
EmanuelG
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice Targa!

I agree with you on the spotless pedigree issue. I think the service information (up to 20 years old by now) is sometimes overrated and not that important compared to what the car is and feels like today. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think I can get a good feel for the car I'm buying by talking to previous owners. And sometimes you just know some cars have shady history. Of course, buying a car is always (among other things) a risk, original information or not.

Anyway, congratulations!
Old 03-23-2011, 10:12 AM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian964
...To the purists I suppose not having the original car information will condemn me to purgatory. In Oz apparently a spotless pedigree counts for a lot. I must admit that its not a big issue in my life. The car is in great condition, with clearly plenty of loving care having been given to it by its previous owners. I am delighted with it, and just thrilled to be actually owning a 964 Porsche. They are just moving works of art. I regard myself as a custodian, and I am in it for the long haul...
Welcome and great attitude. I'd love to have a classic 911 in a unique color like that. Super looking car...nice wheels also!

Total 911(I think?) did a brief story about the car in the Tamara Drewe movie a couple issues back. The magazine picture was stunning. I bet your car takes your breath away in the morning/evening sun!

Here's a crappy pic of the Tamara movie car...
Attached Images  
Old 03-23-2011, 05:45 PM
tat
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche AG in Stuttgart should be able to give you the complete specification of your car when it left the factory.

The Tamara Drew car is owned by Amanda Law, the Porsche Club GB's 964 Register Secretary.
Old 03-23-2011, 10:07 PM
ducnine
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 16 Posts

Brian, One of the nicest colors for a 964 targa.

Quick Reply: Yellow 964 Targa