Sponsored by:

Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Jimjacqmx5
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree re the swaybars.
I have what appears to be a very similar specced car to yours.
I have HR Reds but with koni's.
I got some adjustable 24mm swaybars made up for the front and rear and the difference was phenomenal. The car felt much more stable and nimble.
Highly recommend.

Next BIG thing you need is an LSD, if you haven't got one. On the track, a proper LSD (ie plate lsd) makes a huge difference in acceleration and even more so in braking stability.
As for tyres, go to a full spec R Tyre like a Dunlop Dz03-G or Bridgestone RE55S. R888's are next best bet. If you are at RS3 spec level, then best tyre in this class is the Dunlop Direzza Sport which is also called a Starspec in northern hemisphere.....
As for moving on from the 964, YOU"RE NUTS!

A sorted 964 on the track is just sublime.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:12 AM
jamest
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimjacqmx5
Next BIG thing you need is an LSD, if you haven't got one. On the track, a proper LSD (ie plate lsd) makes a huge difference in acceleration and even more so in braking stability.
Jimjacqmx5 - Which LSD did you opt for in the end? I am contemplating Kaaz vs OS Giken vs Guard vs OEM at the moment.

Sorry for the thread hijack.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Jimjacqmx5
Instructor

I haven't put in my LSD yet as my motorsport is on the backburner due to the imminent arrival of twins. However, after extensive research on this forum and after consutling the quickest and best set up cars in our local competion, I will be getting a locally produced Modena Engineering LSD. I am led to believe your equivalent over there would be the Guard LSD.

Again, many here have tried the others mentioned in your thread as well as Torsens from the well know Torsen manufacturer and the 'carbon' option of plate type LSD.
In all cases, the front runners have returned to using the Modena/Guard LSD type. Most seem to run it in 40/60 GT2 spec ramping for club level motorsport.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:01 AM
jamest
Instructor

Thanks for the reply, the Guard LSD does seem to have more recommendations than any other.

Good luck with your twins!

Quick Reply: Upgrades