Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 964 owner with a few issues (The car)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 PM
vwomar
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 964 owner with a few issues (The car)

Hello everyone,
I hope I can get a little help. I am very happy to see such a great community here on rennlist. I have been reading the forum the last two weeks trying to find these answers on my own with no luck. So I have decided to ask directly.

I am living in Japan and bought a 92 cabriolet from an auction in Tokyo. When I got the car was in emergency mode. (3rd gear) I did a scan at a local shop and it came back signal implausible. code 11. And I have no tip light on in the clock at any time. My book says "check wiring to the DME relay or operation of the DME respectively"

My question is, are there two DMEs for this car? (one for tip one for fuel) I was under the impression our cars won't run if the DME is bad. My car runs fine.

I think this car suffered from poor storage. wood under pedals is soft, slight corrosion at a lot of wiring points. I have cleaned the body to battery ground, under seat ground points, a few others.

I bought Adrians book and the Bentley manual but they are coming when my Mother visits the end of march. I would like to get it shifting before then.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry in advance if my replies come at odd times of the night. Due to our time difference (for those of you in the USA)
Old 03-08-2011, 06:16 AM
vwomar
AutoX

Sorry about that question. I got the DMEs sorted out.

Today I pulled the clock and switched light bulbs with the convertible top latch light and now I do have a tiptronic light on. I pulled the seat and checked connections at all points, one small connector (12 pin. 10 used) I believe to be T41 is pretty cracked up. It has been taped together. An orange and white striped wire was broke. I reattached it and taped everything up but no change. Light on limp mode.

My mistake on the scan. It was code 23 TPS. But unable to connect to tiptronic. My Japanese should be better
Old 03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
vwomar
AutoX

Dear diary,

It's amazing what you can learn if you really apply yourself.

I think I am zeroing in on the problem and I found another thread that addresses this issue. I don't think I need to write anymore. Goodnight.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:02 PM
F2 Iceland
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no help here, but post pic's of the car
Old 03-09-2011, 10:10 PM
ian89C4
Pro

+1 on pics of the car =-)

Sorry as well, no knowledge on tips. Any other questions and I should be game
Old 03-09-2011, 10:16 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

TIPs have so few problems there isnt much written about them. Welcome to Rennlist and broken or not pictures are required

Quick Reply: New 964 owner with a few issues (The car)