Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RH 3.6 Versus Veloce 3.6 18 inch Wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
specialeed
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crg53
Please don't glue your center caps in place; a couple of my center caps were also a bit lose, so I took my heat gun and heated the taps carefully and put a slight bend in them; now they fit nice and holds flush.

Thanks for the tip. BTW: my RH's came in last weekend, so as soon as I get them installed I will post pics of the car with each set (and some close ups), but it will probably be a month before I get them on.

Along those lines, at that point, I might be selling the black Veloce's but have not decided for sure.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:36 PM
Dave White
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might be interested in the black ones.
I solved the loose cap issue by using some silicone from the back, easy to remove if needed. Also makes it harder for punks to steal them and sell on ebay.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:49 PM
specialeed
Rennlist Member

Default Here's the car with the RH's!

Originally Posted by August West
Thanks for the update and photo! Let us know when the RH's come in for comparison.

I'm heading over to Sacramento this coming weekend for the Concours on Sunday in the hope of seeing in person Speedlines, RH's, and Veloces. I'll take some snaps should I find any there and post!
The RH's finally came in from Germany and got them mounted! Also added in the last few months PSS10's, big red brakes, and FD Mufflers! Very happy all the way around!
Attached Images   
Old 07-02-2011, 01:52 PM
specialeed
Rennlist Member

Default RH vs. Veloce

Originally Posted by specialeed
Thanks for the tip. BTW: my RH's came in last weekend, so as soon as I get them installed I will post pics of the car with each set (and some close ups), but it will probably be a month before I get them on.

Along those lines, at that point, I might be selling the black Veloce's but have not decided for sure.
Well here's a shot of the RH and the Veloce next to an RH. My overall reaction is I like the RH a bit more, just b/c the bacs are 10s instead of 9.5s and the rear lip is more "stepped", but I have to say, I was extremely impressed with the Veloces, and for 1/3 the price, it really makes at least me wonder. That being said, I have now put the Veloce's up for sale, but I really do love both looks, just different.
Attached Images   
Old 08-23-2011, 12:14 PM
dtilly
2nd Gear

i am interested to know about rear wheel depth, ie, is the lip a little wider on the rh wheels as compared with the veloce wheel? they appear to be. also, do the veloce rears have a wider lip than the veloce fronts?
Old 10-17-2011, 06:14 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Just got back from RRIV and wanted to post a picture of real Speedlines for comparison...notice the rather pronounced lips on each of the spokes (for lack of a better term)...stunningly beautiful. I only found three sets of Speedlines the whole weekend and saw a set of RHs as well but by and large these type of wheels were pretty uncommon.
Attached Images  
Old 10-17-2011, 11:26 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just an FYI...

Veloce wheels now has a Cup wheel RS to go along with the cup wheel...Looks really nice and it comes in black and silver like the cup wheels.

http://www.velocewheels.com/veloceRS...ilverside.html

http://www.velocewheels.com/veloceRS...Blackside.html
Old 10-18-2011, 03:35 AM
August West
Rennlist Member

Wow, the Veloce RS looks way more like the Speedlines than the Veloce 3.6!

I see a set for sale on eBay in UK for $1572...that's almost 1/4 the costs of the Speedlines. I'll email the US dealer to see what they go for.

To my eyes they look the closest to the real thing...am I missing something?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:46 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what are the weights?
Old 10-19-2011, 05:15 PM
cobracarrera
Pro

Originally Posted by August West
Wow, the Veloce RS looks way more like the Speedlines than the Veloce 3.6!

I see a set for sale on eBay in UK for $1572...that's almost 1/4 the costs of the Speedlines. I'll email the US dealer to see what they go for.

To my eyes they look the closest to the real thing...am I missing something?
Mention that you are a PCA member and get additional discount throught he US dealer in South Carolina I believe...
Old 10-24-2011, 02:11 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Okay, I've heard back from Veloce...the RS wheels are not yet available in the US but Veloce in the UK have been shipping them over here, 20 sets in the last 5 weeks...

Some quotes follow: "The Veloce RS wheels are available in both colour options, Sterling Silver and Granite Black and are a Direct fitment for 964 cars.

The Best shipping quotation I can find Is with TNT International on a 7-10 day Door to Door service Pending US Customs clearances at £ 208.00 GBP, this amount also includes insurance to cover the wheels whilst in transit to you and is of course Fully trackable from Door to Door.

Veloce USA have not bought our latest design, but we have shipped over 20 sets in the last 5 weeks to America, If you look on the website www.velocewheels.com you will see a few examples of the RS wheels fitted to American cans, the customers have been so pleased they sent pictures !"

"The Veloce RS wheels are 8x18 et52 front and 9.5x18 et47 rear at a cost of £ 995.00 GBP per set."

Contact Peter Ormrod at sales@velocewheels.com in the UK for more information and ordering!
Old 10-24-2011, 02:25 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

...to make things easy...that's $1919.27 in US dollars as of today, including the shipping costs.

Here's a photo of the Veloce RS...pretty darn close to the Speedlines!
Attached Images  
Old 03-10-2012, 01:16 AM
JPS
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

What's the verdict on how well the Veloce holds up?
Old 03-13-2012, 07:34 AM
cobracarrera
Pro

Originally Posted by JPS
What's the verdict on how well the Veloce holds up?
Mine are holding up real well...granted they only see a few miles a week, they still look like new....smooth, no shakes, nice riding easy to clean wheel.

Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
wagonface
Instructor

I have the Veloce's on my 964T. The car lives outside in the UK. I guess little stones or something have hit the rim and made small holes in the plastic (?) that sits over the shiny part (technical term). So water/damp has got in and I have the milky effect. This happened after them being on the car for c.4mths and c.1k miles. Because I bought the wheels and stored them for 3mths before installing them on my car they were technically 7mths old when this happened and my warranty claim was rejected.

Also - the visible head of one of the small 'bolts' has snapped. I cant tell what they are made of - looks like plastic but surely it can't be? So I now have a bolt head missing, but the shaft of the bolt still in situ. Not sure how to fix that.

They look amazing, but they still need more attention than a painted Cup1 for example.

Quick Reply: RH 3.6 Versus Veloce 3.6 18 inch Wheels...