Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RH 3.6 Versus Veloce 3.6 18 inch Wheels...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 01:03 AM
ronone10
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No extra work but it is important to consider getting pads that show less brake dust like Metal Master. I purchased mine from Pelican Parts.

Originally Posted by August West
Thanks for the link...your car looks great!

Somewhere I heard RH might still polish the spokes? I love the way the wheels look all polished but wonder if it means I would be cleaning my wheels all the time.

Any thoughts on that?
Old 03-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Sifly
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Surely for road use, a one-piece wheel is far more practical than a 3 piece? If the Pot Holes are anything like the ones in the UK, I would be going for the cheaper option!!

p.s I am told the bolt heads on the Veloce wheels are screwed into place, not glued.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:38 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
i can't remember if i asked somewhere on here already but -
how do you tell if you have the keskin's? the speedline copy's on mine have no markngs bar "made in japan" on the back.

Those look like a 3-piece wheel. I've seen another set of these, the spokes are sharper than the Speedline/RH ones.

Originally Posted by Sifly
I am told the bolt heads on the Veloce wheels are screwed into place, not glued.
Makes a huge difference
Old 03-07-2011, 07:44 AM
clutch-monkey
Instructor

Originally Posted by ilko
Those look like a 3-piece wheel. I've seen another set of these, the spokes are sharper than the Speedline/RH ones.
thanks when i get time i'll take them off for better pics. thought it odd that there were no manufacturer's markings on them, and i don't know enough to identify them.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

If you are worried about pot holes then for sure buy the RH or you will be repairing the cheap wheels everytime you buy tires as the installer will say they will not balance! The RH show up on Ebay refurbished all the time. I got my set this way at a great price.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
August West
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, I was wondering if one set of rims would be more prone to pothole damage over the other. Thanks for bringing up this issue.

So what's actually involved in refurbishing rims? Banging it out or grinding off and building up again? I'm curious because the roads around where I live have lots of potholes...I have them all committed to memory, but still, you never know.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Steven C.
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 36 Posts

I think you will have a hard time bending an RH from my 2 years of owning some. They heat them and roll them back out on a machine to get them true again. On the edges its more hand work or welding up gouges / scrapes and then sanding and polishing.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:49 PM
C4WIDEBODY
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone know if OEM Porsche Turbo Speedline rims are available anywhere for a 1994 C4 widebody?
Old 03-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Tuner1
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
how do you tell if you have the keskin's? the speedline copy's on mine have no markngs bar "made in japan" on the back.

Those are probably the old AKT Japan replica wheels. They were quite popular around 15 years ago. Definately not Keskin, Veloce, RH, Speedline or Kerscher.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:09 AM
clutch-monkey
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tuner1
Those are probably the old AKT Japan replica wheels. They were quite popular around 15 years ago. Definately not Keskin, Veloce, RH, Speedline or Kerscher.
thank you sir, that coincides with the time at which the car underwent it's modifications and conversion to RHD. are they quality wheels and worth repairing (small buckle in the lip on one)?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:22 AM
specialeed
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried to order a set of RH for my 993 cab and they are currently out in North Carolina/ can't get the centers apparently. I then ordered a set from Germany, but the inner barrels were back-ordered so still waiting. Because I needed new wheels ASAP to go over my new Turbo brakes/ get the car out of the shop, I just ordered a set a Veloce last night, so I will have a direct comparison between both sets to report on. My thinking was to sell the Veloce when the RH's come in, but I want to see how they look first. The one think I would note is the rears on the Veloce are 9.5s vs. 10s with the RHs.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

I have rh on my turbo and a better rim than the speedline, they don't need a refurb every year.I also have the veloce from pws in the uk, they are on my c4 targa a great wheel for the price but this is a road only car.I would think the rh wheel is the one for the track it's got a spun outer rim and I have noticed a lot of uk owners have the rh's on their track cars.

Gaz
Old 04-08-2011, 01:27 AM
Jimjacqmx5
Instructor

FWIW, I know several guys here in Oz that have the Veloce as track rims and none of them have had any issues at all. I have even seen a set on a car that had a pretty huge shunt into a concrete barrier/armco and the rims stood up much better than the rest of the car!
They look superb too.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:18 AM
Porsche964FP
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by specialeed
I tried to order a set of RH for my 993 cab and they are currently out in North Carolina/ can't get the centers apparently. I then ordered a set from Germany, but the inner barrels were back-ordered so still waiting. Because I needed new wheels ASAP to go over my new Turbo brakes/ get the car out of the shop, I just ordered a set a Veloce last night, so I will have a direct comparison between both sets to report on. My thinking was to sell the Veloce when the RH's come in, but I want to see how they look first. The one think I would note is the rears on the Veloce are 9.5s vs. 10s with the RHs.
Pls do a full write up for us, with pictures!
Old 04-08-2011, 04:12 AM
deutschland-dobson
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 10" rear on the RHs fill the narrow body arches very well. Even with mine dropped low there were no clearance issues. On the front its a different matter though!

Chris

Quick Reply: RH 3.6 Versus Veloce 3.6 18 inch Wheels...