Sponsored by:

Full frame Friday

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Full frame Friday

Well, it's not about Porsche today, unless you count me putting the car on a charger so I don't have to push it back into the garage tomorrow. It was bonus payday this check, and all my hard work netted me a few extra bucks in my account. I quickly helped bring the balance back to where we normally keep it

I'll have to spend some money on getting the top back in working order. hope to start that this weekend or next. Going to count on the DIYs already posted, plus any knowledge floating around about Cab tops...

But I also spent cash on my other part time gig: photography. Here's a picture taken with the new lens I got- a used Canon 24-70 L. Love it so far; sharp as hell! I upgraded memory on the household laptops, so I had the old sticks laying out and though it would be a great way to show how sharp the lens is.

when the weather warms up, I want to get some new shots of the car.

What's on tap for the weekend? I've got a family of 4 coming for some outside family photos, and have to clean the garage a bit before that.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:00 PM
showard1998
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh bonus season. I love it. Just got mine today. Gonna squirrel it away for now. Although I keep getting the itch for a bigger boat...
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM
hawk911
Race Car

I spent some on my photography, and some will go to Florida's tourist revenue later this year. Taking our daughter to Disney.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:11 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Geoff you need to save up to pay the bar tab for all of us when you get back down here
Nothing much Pcar here. I took the TT to work today and the 964 yesterday. Its been great weather and was able to drive to work yesterday morning with the top down
I need to work on my tractor this weekend and try and figure out why its running so bad. I think its a problem with the updraft carb on it. If I hold my hand over the air side of the carb it will start right up. Take my hand off and it goes to crap. I have 5 acres that is growing again that I need to bush hog down to clean up from the freezes early this winter.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:19 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Jim, I figured the bar tab was on your and Jaime
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 PM
showard1998
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hawk911
I spent some on my photography, and some will go to Florida's tourist revenue later this year. Taking our daughter to Disney.
On behalf of Gov. Rick Scott, we thank you for your business.

Although we went to the Wisconsin Dells last summer so I think it will pretty much be a wash.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice gift to yourself.......

I got a gift this morning as well. My dad, brother and I went to vegas for four days to celebrate my dads bday. I am a watch whoooore.... and always check out the watches in every store i pass. I always purchase watches in the few hundred dollar range and have been wanting to get a very nice collector watch.

When i was in vegas I found my dream watch ... Breitling super avenger encased with 1.2 carats in diamonds. So i thought what a great gift for my ten year anniversary which is next year. I have something special for my wife that I am saving up for as well. I did not purchase the watch and was going to wait till next year to purchase it.

I come into work this morning and my brother hands me a gift from his girls....white lie. Guess what was in the box...... a Breitling super avenger...NOT encased in diamonds, that is ok because i will treat my self next year to the diamond bezel.

I was in shock and was shaking all morning. What an amazing brother and a very special gift.

Jeff
Old 02-25-2011, 05:32 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Nice! I bought my wife a new laptop
Old 02-25-2011, 05:38 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
Nice! I bought my wife a new laptop

I bought my wife her first laptop last year.... she was bugging and bugging me for one. I am glad, know she can keep me company while I am watching the tube. She was always upstairs on the stupid desktop editing music.

Happy wife, happy life.....
Old 02-25-2011, 06:22 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

I bought my wife a loptop a year ago and it's been fabulous! I now have unincumbered use of my desktop whenever I want it, although she did dump a glass of water into her keyboard yesterday afternoon. She flipped upside down immediately and worked to dry it best she could. She left it switched off all night, upside down near the heater vent, and voila, it ran perfectly this morning. Phew!!!

I am hopefully going to get some free time over the weekend to plug in my new KWV3 kit I picked up today. What a beautiful set of coilovers!!! I almost hate to get em dirty....
Old 02-25-2011, 10:06 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Had the day off and was going to check the gear lube to see if I had a leak and if low fluid might be causing that bit of rattling at a certain rpm. But.... got up late and changed my mind. Went to see my next to the oldest granddaughter finish the first day of a two day high school golf tournament. She shot an 88 at one of the 5 best courses in Texas! She's a sophomore and has only been playing about a year.

But she's not even the star of the family. Her younger brother, who is an 8th grader / 14, shoots in the low LOW 70's. He asked to be moved up to compete in the high school age group in the City tournament this past summer and finished 4th out of 39. National Ping rep has already contacted his mother, my oldest my daughter, and put him on the "watch list".

Then I went to see my youngest granddaughter, my 11th grandchild and the 3 week old daughter of my next to the youngest of 5 kids!

It was a very good day. Gear lube can wait til the weekend.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:14 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the 24-70L amigo. Its a great lens.... kind of a pig to walk around with all day, but the shots are awesome!
Old 02-26-2011, 09:39 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 98 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by tbennett017
Welcome to the 24-70L amigo. Its a great lens.... kind of a pig to walk around with all day, but the shots are awesome!
Completely agree! I bought mine used as well, tough to tell it was used. Cool deal!!

Quick Reply: Full frame Friday