Sponsored by:

OT friday

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 12:13 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT friday

Nothing Porsche related, as it's been too cold, too snowy, and too effing busy for the Porsche. Maybe you guys west or south have better luck that us up nort' der hey.

One Porsche related item is we're hosting the club's Carrera Chili event at out house. Supposed to be 30 people or so coming; some with Chili, some just with empty bellies expecting to be fed. We'll have a great time either way. We did this 2 yrs ago with about the same crowd. Mind you, we didn't have 24" of snow just dumped on us the couple days before the event Parking will be a real joy, and I'm not sure how many cars might need to be pulled out of my ditch. We don't have curb and gutter; we have pretty steep ditches next to the road. Pics on Monday, as I'm still got an itchy shutter finger

I did shoot some fun stuff last weeend before the snow:

So what about you? Plans for the weekend? and of course.......

GO PACK GO!!!

GIFSoup
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
DaveK
Race Car

No exciting Porsche related stuff going on here either. Except for one perhaps - I am beginning to seriously consider selling the 964.

I'm just not using it, and a guy at my work mentioned several months ago that he was looking for one. I saw him earlier this week, and he asked again if I wanted to sell. I think we have a different view on price - despite me telling him the minimum I'd take for it, he keeps mentioning a figure £1k below that - and that's before he's had a proper look at it. But I am tempted to take it in for him to have a proper look one day next week.

It's a tricky thing - I don't feel I need it at the moment. But at the same time, because it does so few miles running costs are not high - insurance, MOT and road tax only totals about £500 a year, so it hardly breaks the bank.......
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 176 Posts

Hawk - Its good to hear from you. I enjoy your Friday and Monday threads.

My plans do not involve my 964 either. I will be painting my girlfriend's condo getting it ready for sale. The 964 projects are being put on hold until its on the market. Meanwhile, I'm 50% through a 30K mile service. I have drained the oil, removed the secondary muffler and cat to reach the valve covers and spark plugs. I've also replaced the steering rack boots. I had tried to reuse the old ones when I replaced the rack last year. Not a good idea.

I too am tired of the non-stop snow. We have snow banks taller than the mailboxes. It makes pulling out of a side street very dicey when you can't see around the snow.

I am looking forward to a trip to Florida at the end of the month to watch the Space Shuttle launch and to attend a mini-reunion of Shuttle co-workers that I worked with back in the early 80's. Keeping my fingers crossed that the launch date doesn't slip and we can see it.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

Big plans this weekend!

Heading off in a couple hours to attend a D.E. tomorrow at Carolina Motorsports Park (track map). My second D.E. and it's raining! This will be awesome.

I'm also meeting up the some old school Turbo guys. One guy will be unveiling his 935 () and I hope to get a second drive in another friends 934 Rep. now that he has a new clutch in it. The noises that car makes (listen to it waking up)

I've also been in contact with another 964 RLer! Looking forward to meeting Ian89C4 at the track.

With all of that planned weeks ago, we forgot about the Superbowl. I'll watch the game if Porsche plans to air a couple commercials...
Attached Images    
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Dave, I thought you had all the Turbo problems and the 964 was getting more use... You must have sorted the turbo
Old 02-04-2011, 01:11 PM
DaveK
Race Car

Originally Posted by hawk911
Dave, I thought you had all the Turbo problems and the 964 was getting more use... You must have sorted the turbo
It is finally beginning to behave itself.

In fact, the real turning point was having the alignment done (including new control arms). That transformed the way the car felt, and made a big difference to how often I thought about using the 964. The problems did stop at roughly the same time, so I guess it was a double benefit.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:16 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hawk... nice to see the photos... I too enjoy your diversions.

Here's one to share... Check out the Google Art Project
http://www.googleartproject.com/
You can cruise the world's great museums using StreetView... No images of Porsches that I could find... but maybe the'll do the Porsche museum someday.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:12 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Thx guys... I just haven't been much in the mood for my posts lately. Hopefully I'll be in better spirits. Photography is always a nice diversion for me
Old 02-05-2011, 04:23 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Took off a few more pieces for my engine drop (all bottom connections are off). Now, I will put it on hold for the next 2 weeks.....................going to JAMAICA

Quick Reply: OT friday