WTB - Suspension Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Greg964
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SuperUser
Hey Greg,

Is your car put away for the winter? I would love to get a ride in it to see how it feels.
Sadly yes it is stored until spring.

Let's get together as soon as it warms up, I'd like to see your 964 .
Old 01-08-2011, 05:31 AM
nidon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Tim, was hoping to get out in car today and take some piccies, unfortunately high tides have flooded roads and am marooned.
Only pic I can find (which I think is my avatar) that gives good idea of ride height is this one.
Nigel
Attached Images  
Old 01-08-2011, 06:19 AM
time666
Racer

Looks really nice that, not too low where the wheel follows the curve of the arch nicely. I dont want it where the wheel is sunken into the wheel arch, looks good where the wheel follows the arch nicely.

Nice looking car too you have there Nigel, no joy on taking her out today then? The snow has pretty much gone this a.m. so if it become dry later, im wheel mine out the garage for a run, hopefully they didnt grit yesterday otherwise it will stay put.

Also like the Carrera graphic on Greg car, it seems to suit the red and white cars well, not sure i'd get away with a Carrera sticker on my black car. how long do you put your cars away for over winter? I'm itchin to take mine out, my only rule is no road salt, and heavy rain puts me off. Hoping tomorrow looks to be good up here anyway.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:23 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by time666;8185891/
.........................He said they would not advise fitting lowering springs to any stock strut or shock having already covered 70k + as this would shorten the life pretty quickly (stress), ......................
tim
Thanks for this bit of info! I have had a set of Greens sitting on the bench for about a year and haven't installed them yet due to strut / shock cost. (Other repairs were more important.) I have been tempted to go ahead and install them on the current dampers, but didn't for fear of just what you reported. Thanks for confirming this.

Quick Reply: WTB - Suspension Set Up