Brake Fluid mixing

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:32 PM
Amroth
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Brake Fluid mixing

Hey guys,

Recently I bled my brakes fully using ATE super blue. Since then I had a leak from the lateral and longitudinal diff locks (C4). I managed to stop the leak by disconnecting the PDAS/ ABS control unit but my fluid was so low that virtually almost all hydraulic assistance was gone. I had some ATE left in the can and it improved things quite a lot, but I am still way below the normal line.

Now the problem is pelican parts aren't able to ship liquids overseas anymore. So now I have two options: bleed the system again (annoying) or just add a little more DOT4 high performance brake fluid. Is the latter option ok?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-17-2010, 06:26 PM
beentherebaby
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think with ATE being a Euro company that their brake fluid, pads, etc. would be available in the UAE? Have you Googled "ATE brake fluid" for possible sources? Superblue and ATE 200 gold are the same fluid other than color. Mixing of DOT 4 fluids is OK for street use but not really recommended for track/HD applications.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:15 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With a C4, I'd be really tempted to do a full bleed (per the instructions in Adrian Streather's book), especially since you say you had to disconnect components etc. I would guess there's a risk of air in there, and you want to get it right. Then you'll have all one color anyway.

Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Brake Fluid mixing