Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heater problem fix

Old 11-14-2010, 12:15 PM
ray stobbs
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heater problem fix

hi my heater was working last year so was suprised when it would only blow cold air when i turned the **** to the red spot all fans working two at front one in engine bay all would work with the controls but no heat it turned out to be servos 2 and 4 that operate the flaps at the front you can not buy these now but was quoted £150 for new and £85 second hand no guarantee so decided to have a go myself and fix them. it takes no longer than 10 mins to pull them out and take into the house were you can take them a part
photo 1 shows the location in front hood under the water shield held on with 2 small p/screws photo 2 shows the servos under the tray again 2 screws at the back to undo then pop of the elec conecter and ball joint and out it comes once out i check to see if it would work by conecting a 12v supply to pins 4 and 5 these pins are the 2 at the top and it does not matter which way round you connect as it goes both ways mine did not work so pulled them apart
before taking apart mark the pos of the arm on the casing then undo the metal back plate 3 p/screws and the servo arm 8mm nut i was suprised how simple these are for the money they demand you can now split the casing with the plastic clips and out it comes
pic 3 shows it apart and how simple it is a cleaned the contacts with electric cleaner and found that the motor just pushes in the circuit board and this is where my problem was bad contact i applied 12v to the motor on its own and it ran no probs so just re assembled it and tested it again on pins 4/5 and it ran. Bingo, did this to the other servo and my luck was in and am now toasty in the car.

Last edited by ray stobbs; 11-26-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 01:13 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I fixed mine 2 or 3 times like you are showing. They would last a couple of weeks than fail again. Hope yours do better. I ended up getting 2 used ones for $100 shipped from Oklahoma foreign the beginning of last winter and they are still working perfect..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: heater problem fix