Sponsored by:

matching original white paint

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 01:00 AM
robingb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default matching original white paint

i just bought a white 93 c2. it is all original paint except right front fender which doesn't match very well. my initial thought was to repaint but i know matching white is near impossible. alternatively, maybe i can find a front fender with original paint from a parts car. i would appreciate any thoughts. thanks, gary
Old 11-05-2010, 11:29 AM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck. my 92 white is getting the rear bumper repainted. Bumpers never match.

A good shop will do a good match and blend that should obscure readily apparent differences.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Makmov
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You are probably not going to get even an original fender to match.

I agree, a good paint shop should be able to come real close and then to a blend. It is almost impossible to panel match.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:36 PM
robingb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

grand prix white is a single stage paint and blending is only an option if i want to clear coat door and hood. my first choice is to find a replacement fender with original paint from another 93 car. not only will this restore my car to having all original paint, i would think this is best way to get maybe a perfect color match. if i have to fender in single stage paint to match, it is my understanding that white is near impossible to match "perfectly".
Old 11-06-2010, 11:56 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

my original white right front fender also gets a bit off in color. I am thinking it may be from the heat of the oil cooler and lines. I found that after I waxed and buffed the paint it has cleaned up to match the rest of the car.

Quick Reply: matching original white paint