Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to hang up posters in garage? (Offtopic)

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 05:45 PM
Moffman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to hang up posters in garage? (Offtopic)

I just bought some Porsche heritage and racing posters and would like to hang them up in my garage but I'm having a hard time figuring out which would be the best way.

Any Ideas?
Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
RSGulp
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people simply buy some good quality metal frames with glass (not plastic). In UK the best place is probably Habitat - I wouldn't know about USA.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I've used Uniframe's for all of my posters. It's a kit that sandwiches your poster between a styro backing board on the inside and a piece of glass on the outside. It's held together by adjustable acrylic clips on the back with nylon cord under tension. Sounds elaborate but really isn't, and it protects your poster from deterioration and damage. Looks great, the cool part is there's no frame on the outside.
Old 11-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Moffman
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bearclaw
I've used Uniframe's for all of my posters. It's a kit that sandwiches your poster between a styro backing board on the inside and a piece of glass on the outside. It's held together by adjustable acrylic clips on the back with nylon cord under tension. Sounds elaborate but really isn't, and it protects your poster from deterioration and damage. Looks great, the cool part is there's no frame on the outside.
Hmmm interesting i'll definitely check it out
Old 11-04-2010, 11:58 PM
ClintonM3
Racer

Glass can be heavy if it is a big poster and frame. They make acrylic lens or glazing lens (really, plastic) that has the clarity of glass, much lighter and UV coated to protect from fading.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 AM
Lil bastard
User

I just bought 3 poster frames last night, got a great price - Custom sizes, elsewhere is usually twice the amount I paid.

Went to wholesale poster frames.com .

If you buy there, in the checkout add the promo code ZXFTU46658 and get a 5% discount on your order.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: How to hang up posters in garage? (Offtopic)