Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Your Avatar-Why did you chose it or what does it represent?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Twood
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chimera

Username - a reference to recombinant DNA, related to my profession
Username - Cnimera - had to look up that one -"The Chimera or Chimaera was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing female creature of Lycia in Asia Minor". For those that also do not know the meaning.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Twood
Racer

Originally Posted by ian89C4
Wow, good thing it was only the headlight. If it were a deer here in North Carolina it may have been the whole left front, then again, I don't really know the size comparison with a Kangaroo......

I constantly change mine, but I think that it shows my ever changing vision for the car. One day I want to turn it into a PCA club racer and strive on getting my solo license, the other, I just love driving the car throughout the week or up in the mountains.

I think the current one of the old girl Auto Xing shows the true nature of the beast, I just love the car and love driving it fast or slow, but mostly fast and on twisty roads or tracks!!!

I don't really know the size comparison with a Kangaroo......
This one was about the size of a small child - 15-20 kilos or best I can guess at 100kph. If in central Australia they could come in at 80-90 kilos. Unlike Ilko and the turkey I did not lift.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:00 AM
meek
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Avatar - random picture of the most beautiful car in the world - my car. Isn't that true for all of us?

User name - my old gaming name from far too many wasted, yet happy, hours playing original Counter Strike. Now all grown up and don't play online anymore, but still have good memories of headshots
Old 11-03-2010, 09:18 AM
DAVISRILEY
Three Wheelin'

My avatar is a picture from one of the first times the car went to the track, and user name is from my first email account. Sadly, both are now gone, but the track addiction stayed!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:44 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 494 Posts

Christmas Present from my wife. Done by artist David Lee: cowlickjim@yahoo.com
Old 11-03-2010, 03:42 PM
John Boggiano
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

My avatar is actually a combination of two pictures that I couldn't decide over. One was taken at Plockton in the Scottish Highlands, the other on a strecth of autobahn close to the Nurburgring. I wonder if you can guess which is which. ;-)

As for my user name. Hmm... Now that's a good one. I'm sure I had a good reason for choosing that. Now what was it?
Old 11-03-2010, 04:03 PM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Avatar is a shot of the day I first saw and decided to buy this - my first 911. I find it shockingly similar to several other white 964 avatars - so maybe I'll do something new - but this snap is from a touchstone moment in my life - so it's special to me.

Screen name: While a long-time Porschephile - my deepest love is being sideways in a rally car. I've rallied for 20+ years - both TSD and stage - managing a local championship in 2000. Yearning to combine the two and while plans for a 911 C4 rally car are on hold - plans to run Targa Newfoundland in the 944S2 in 2011 are in the works. ; )

RK
Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

The rare moment I actually got my wife in the 964 I thought I'd take a picture of it. I'll probably change it after I alter my SUV ride height.

Screen name/handle:

Not too many kings on Rennlist, so I thought I'd just use my own name.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Jim Richards
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Does mine need an explanation?
Old 11-03-2010, 06:44 PM
rocketdogbert
Advanced

Originally Posted by Twood
Username - Chimera - had to look up that one -"The Chimera or Chimaera was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing female creature of Lycia in Asia Minor". For those that also do not know the meaning.
It's an animal that has more then one animals dna in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_%28genetics%29

John
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
964russ
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My avatar is one of the original for sale pics that i looked at b4 goin to view the old pork chop.
Name dosnt need explaining!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Richards
Does mine need an explanation?
um... you like beer?

My pic is in the dusky end of a day, after a long ride through western WA state back to Portland... along the north bank of the Columbia River. My son and I had stopped to watch some ships in the river, and when I turned back to the car it seemed rather fetching down on all fours like that...
Old 11-04-2010, 10:18 AM
Gus
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Took a trip to Europe with my daughter after she graduated from college - HIGHLIGHT - "Porsche factory"
Special as we both are Porsche freaks. The most interesting thing at the factory was the employee parking area - The various types of Porsche cars and the state of condition each car was in was unbelievable. And they all drove them to work - but I guess you can do that if you work for Porsche
Old 11-04-2010, 05:00 PM
Sal 965
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just been warned of a speed trap round the next corner in Croatia 2005 by someone heading back to an ATM so decided to wait, take a picture or two and warn a couple of friends of the impending wallet out moment
Old 11-07-2010, 02:42 AM
screamingflat6
Racer

my picture is of when I was invited on the rs display at the silverstone classic by Porsche silverstone.
They thought the 965 was a ultra rare 3.8 rsr and a good crowd gathered around my car.
The funny thing was the rs geezers just didn't like a replica on their display! so I made sure I put it right in the front on both days as I developed my car to what it is and didn't just buy it on the never never.
Screamingflat6 isn't I live in flat number 6 and scream a lot, it's the reference to the aircooled six which is best engine noise in the world.

Gaz

Quick Reply: Your Avatar-Why did you chose it or what does it represent?