Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 964C2 owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 10:58 AM
carl964
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit of an update on my time with my 964...

Well after 9 months I am absolutely smitten with it. It gets used every weekend (and sometimes in the week too) and I've had a few great North Wales drives with the Rennlist 964 crowd. All very enjoyable.

A big job I completed was to rebuild the power steering pump to fix the leak. I followed Rennlist instructions which were very helpful. Not an easy job by any means (and it is only just doable with the engine in the car. ONLY JUST!) but the job cost less than £30 and was a great opportunity to bond with the car and have a good look about underneath. I fitted Wevo engine mounts which are a revelation and attended to all sorts of minor niggles here and there.

The car is currently at Unit 11 in Warrington having had a big 24K service (prompt and very reasonably priced compared to many indie fixed prices). There were quite a lot of advisories though for wear and tear items (some suspension issues to deal with like top mounts and bushes, inevitable perished oil lines and new discs/pads all round etc) that will absorb a surprisingly large amount of cash (more than this years budget!). I elected to stump up the money and let Unit 11 get on with it. I want the car to be on song and keep delivering the smiles to which I've become accustomed. I haven't got the time to do these myself quickly and the car is way too addictive to be off the road for any period of time.

Blown this years hifi budget though.

Anyway I can't wait to get it back. Especially as it will be spot on!

Last edited by carl964; 06-23-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quick Reply: New 964C2 owner