Sponsored by:

5 digit option codes

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
frankvan
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 5 digit option codes

Just looking at my option sticker for the first time and noticed quite a few 5 digit codes that don't show up in any of the option code lists i've found. Any ideas?
Also, it has the codes for "comfort seats" but has the sport seats installed? I realize being the third owner that either of the PO's could have replaced the original seats...
And on a slightly different topic, were different final drive ratios available as an option? Reason i ask is that i've confirmed that my speedo is reading about 12% high relative to the engine RPM by two methods - GPS and photo radar ticket. I've also confirmed by Scantool that my tach is also accurate.
Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2010, 09:41 AM
V
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Frank, Can't comment on your speedo issue but I don't think it's option-code related. The five digit option codes are mostly known to be customer spec interior options/deviations. I'm pretty sure that your car has some "special" interior bits and pieces (different color/full leather pieces/deviated stitching etc.). I know a few of them by heart but none of your codes tell me anything. A picture of your interior might help.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:19 PM
frankvan
Pro

my interior looks pretty much standard to me. Black on black. No fancy piping, crests or coloured inserts. Even has the old school non-airbag four spoke steering wheel.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:10 PM
Earlydays
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

You must have the "highly optioned" Option Sticker....I believe each additional "number" was $100.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:52 PM
frankvan
Pro

being Porsche it's probably more like $1000 for each additional number!
(have you seen the prices on their new car option packages!?!?)

Quick Reply: 5 digit option codes