Sponsored by:

Monday meanings

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:06 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Monday meanings

well, for those that have followed this post over the years you might remember I borrowed the idea from a motorcycle forum I used to frequent before I had a Porsche. The idea being you share what thing happened to you over the weekend, or what knowledge you gained by wrenching on the bike- or in our case Porsche. OR... you just share your thoughts on other people's events, thus living vicariously thru them.

Our weekend consisted of a 50th anniversary event. We celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Porscche club of America's Milwaukee region. We had a variety of events over the summer, culminating in a formal- yes formal- dinner on Saturday. I do not own formal, so we rented a tux for me. My wife got all gussied up in a dress and heels; something she has only done on VERY rare occassions for me. We have kids, so most dinner outings are to TGIF or Applebees where if you're in a dress, there's usually a bunch of people mounring someone's death

Pics are attached. I can not trust my mother anymore to handle cameras- the 1st shot was 2/3 empty space, then next only slightly better, and the next 2 severely out of focus so.... we had to recreate the shot of both of us during noon sun on Sunday. It worked, but not really well. Barely tolerable, really.

Sunday was yard work and watching kids, but we did take the kids to the beach for a late season photo session. My wife had the vision, I just didn't have a lot of time before now. So anyway, there's a shot from that too.

What did you do this weekend?

Old 09-27-2010, 12:37 PM
Lil bastard
User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, weekend started on a somber note as I attended the Memorial Service for the Grand Damme of the Twin Cities vintage foreign Car Club culture who died after a massive stroke. All the attendees drove their cars and we had a procession to the Crematorium. R.I.P. Phyllis Galberth - 1940-2010.

After this, several friends caravanned to St. Paul ('66 Lotus Elan, '78 Citroen 2-CV, '04 Lotus Elan and a '76 BMW 2002 - me) to toast our lost friend at a Russian restaurant with flights of imported Vodkas and excellent food.

My wife is away as she runs most of the Major golf tourneys in the country - PGA Tour, FedEx Cup, Presidents Cup, events. She's in Atlanta doing the Tour Championship. This is our life, she's here 2 weeks, then gone two weeks. It's been this way for almost 15 yrs., but as they say in the Mastercard commercials... 'Wife who loves her job... PRICELESS!' And, I get my Bachelor time and can work endlessly in the garage w/o having to worry about quality time with her. We get plenty of this when she's home.

Saturday, I changed the brake pads and swapped the oil on her Jaguar, then sorted the garage and took my accumulated used oil and other hazmats to the county collection for the final drop-off of the season.

Sunday, I attended 'St. James sleep-in sermon' and watched the Vikings game with their pre-owned QB. Vikes squeaked out a win over the Lions, but I suspect they're just settling into another mid-lattitude season.

After the game, I drove the 964 on a beautiful top-down fall day around the city's lakes, stopping at a local CD store to get a couple CDs to celebrate my wife's birthday when she returns tonight from Atlanta.

All-in-all, a pretty uneventful weekend overall.

Cheers!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Jim Richards
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Not much to report other than attending the open house at the PCA national headquarters on Sunday. It was a nice event, and the PCA HQ staff are all great.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:05 PM
elbeee964
Nordschleife Master

Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Began yesterday peeling off the engine's thermal shields, exhaust lines, valve covers, etc., to begin...
...the hallowed biennial valve adjust & spark plug R&R.
Yee-haw!

This session's special task: an engine carrier gusset installation.

Oh, and there's the usual oil, filter, and tranny fluid replacements to be touched, too.
(The rotors, caps, and belts were swapped out a couple months ago.)
Old 09-27-2010, 02:31 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Busy weekend for me...
As you might have noticed, I released the OBD1 Interface tools for sale. I had to assemble/test and package the units, which took a LOT of time. Hopefully you-all will like them. Ricardo and I are psyched that they're released.

BUT, it was also my birthday Friday. I had a Happy Hour at a friend's bar in the afternoon, and my wife had told me to be ready, as we were going to spend the night at a downtown hotel. All was fine as we pulled up to the Monaco Hotel... but something was amiss. The valets/bellmen all knew my name, and something in their smile as they wished me a Happy Birthday was a little quirky. It seemed that the entire hotel knew what the event was...
We walked to the door of our hotel room and my wife paused.. with a funny look on her face. Something was up. I listened at the door of the room and heard nothing... so in we went. The first thing that caught my eye was the glint of metal... She had gotten and installed a stripper's pole in the hotel room!!! AND, she had been taking lessons for MONTHS...(This is nothing new, as she's always off to some lesson or another)...and to top it off, she's VERY GOOD AT IT...

She had called every hotel in town, and the Monaco was super cool about it, and had the ceilings of the requisite height... That's why all the amused looks from the hotel staff...

So needless to say it was a very entertaining evening. I took pictures, but on pain of death I can't share them.

I am a truly lucky man.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:32 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hawk911
My wife had the vision, I just didn't have a lot of time before now. So anyway, there's a shot from that too.

What did you do this weekend?

You guys look great! Rockon Hawk.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:49 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Tom, my pics pale in comparison to what I'm sure would rock! you've got my PM
Old 09-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Unkle
Pro

Wow that is formal for a club meet, lol

looking good though!

I am shamed to say it but i don't get the C4 out in the rain, seems criminal i know but i don't wish to speed the car to a rusty grave any more than Euro weather will naturally take it. So it sits in the garage.

So I just went to the driving range with the wife to try out a my golf clubs against another set i am selling just before i make the final decision. Oh and watched the Singapore Grand Prix on Sunday, no mountain biking, no real golf, and no driving, I do feel a little guilty...
Old 09-27-2010, 03:37 PM
R6XTERRA
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pics hawk. Looks good.

I was at the trailer this weekend, pulled the boat from the water and the fun began...... Summers worth of scum stains. I was really worried they would not come off. I used a really great cleaner called Captain Phab's. By the time i was done soaking the boat with a sprayer, the summers long etched in gunk was literally falling off. A quick wipe with my boat brush and a pressure wash rinse... the boat looked like brand new again. This stuff is by far the best product i have seen.

Jeff
Old 09-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Redcoat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I managed to get out to the local cars'n'coffee meet.

Someone was trying to get a pic of my car but this Fiat got in the way.

Old 09-27-2010, 03:51 PM
stevepaa
Rennlist Member

replaced the ac evaporator.

If you do that you just get amazed at the abiltiy of the engineers to design that HVAC apparatus.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
boxsey911
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It was our local annual Porsche meet on Sunday. This year held in the grounds of a quintessential English Stately home (Arley hall in Cheshire). 150+ Porsches in attendance...not a bad way sto spend the day

Old 09-27-2010, 07:29 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I went to the local Cars and cafe onSaturday.It was a gloomy day and I forgot my camera. Not much exciting there. Just a bunch of Lambos,a few Porsches and a swarm of ricers and new american iron.
Got my tire that got ruined on my Turbo replaced Friday. I went back to Discount tire where I bought it and even tho I had no warranty on it they knocked $180 off the price of a new one and mounted and balanced it for free. They get my business in the future for giving me such great service
Old 09-27-2010, 07:55 PM
LouZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

Location: Philly Area ----- George Washington took a dump in my backyard!
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Set up an appointment to have the P-car windshield replaced, 10" horizontal crack across the rear view mirror (decided to go thru insurance and pay the $250 deductable - so I will also have them repair a chip in the CLK's windshield - for free).
Old 09-27-2010, 08:54 PM
hawk911
Race Car

Lou, it would be worth the $250 to me to have a nice clean windshield.

Quick Reply: Monday meanings