Notices
964 Forum 1989-1994
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Doug's Fix #37 - What do these lights mean?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 01:56 PM
-nick
Three Wheelin'

Received 106 Likes on 81 Posts

Aeroman, I get the warning beeps on rare occasion too. Was worried about it at first, but it only happens if the car has been sitting a week+ without being driven. As far as I know, the beep chimes if the pump has to run longer than the computer thinks that it should to pressurize the system.

Doug - yours is running completely normal.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:21 PM
aeroman
Man of Way Too Many Avatars
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by -nick
Aeroman, I get the warning beeps on rare occasion too. Was worried about it at first, but it only happens if the car has been sitting a week+ without being driven. As far as I know, the beep chimes if the pump has to run longer than the computer thinks that it should to pressurize the system.

Doug - yours is running completely normal.
I was told it can be considered normal unless it comes on and stays on or comes on after you have been driving it for awhile. Once I start it in the morning and leave the house I will never hear it again that day regardless of how many times I start it up. The car has brakes like the hands of God. Based on that and what I was told I don't worry about it. Well, anymore anyway.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:57 AM
espenl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had theese lights along with some more lighting up and staying lit till I had driven the car for 10-30 seconds. If I held the brake pedal pressed while staring, I could feel vibrations in the pedal, and sometimes the "master alarm" activated while depressed.

Prior to a track-meet, I bled the brakes using just a hose from the brake nipples (barely open) to a bottle, pumping the brake pedal slowly and constantly refilling the fluid. Ignition off.

After having bled all 4 callippers (flushing about 1 litre of fluid), theese lights turn off instantly as the car is started! No more "buzz" in the brake pedal, so I can now start the engine with the brakes applied.

Quick Reply: Doug's Fix #37 - What do these lights mean?