Sponsored by:

Rain through Rear Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 02:04 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rain through Rear Spoiler

I was looking at the engine and noticed that I can see straight through the rear spoiler grille into the engine.

Should there be some sort of underneath cover to prevent rain dripping straight through into the engine? Or is the engine fine with rain running over the engine?
Old 08-21-2010, 02:23 AM
996 FAN
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great question. Never thought about it. Whatever the case, it works. If I find out I'll let you know
Old 08-21-2010, 03:08 AM
sml
Three Wheelin'

As long as it is normal I don't care .... I was just worried that I might be missing some trim!? Seems a bit odd as there are a few electrical connections directly below.

Could you please take a look at your car? Can you see straight through into the engine?
Old 08-21-2010, 03:39 AM
ChaseN
Three Wheelin'

This is normal. I have a CF RSA tail, and it exposes the engine even more. I've driven through all sorts of weather for the past 4+ years without trouble. Washed the car at coin-op car washes (the pressure washer wand kind) where I know the engine got drenched. It seems that Porsche weather-proofed everything fairly well.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:31 AM
Sultan
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ChaseN
This is normal. I have a CF RSA tail, and it exposes the engine even more. I've driven through all sorts of weather for the past 4+ years without trouble. Washed the car at coin-op car washes (the pressure washer wand kind) where I know the engine got drenched. It seems that Porsche weather-proofed everything fairly well.
They seemed to do a great job in keeping water out of the engine, now if only they had figured a way to keep all the oil in!!! LOL
Old 08-21-2010, 10:13 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Almost all car engines get drenched when driven in the rain.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:17 AM
Reformed
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sultan
They seemed to do a great job in keeping water out of the engine, now if only they had figured a way to keep all the oil in!!! LOL
This comment made me laugh... So true!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:34 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Smile

Originally Posted by ChaseN
Thanks.

Quick Reply: Rain through Rear Spoiler