Sponsored by:

964 Replacement radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 12:17 PM
RSA Sam
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 964 Replacement radio

I am looking for some advice on replacement of my car stero for my 1993 964. I am looking for a head end that looks like it belongs on my dashboard. What I have seen has way too many flashing lights and wild colors.

Thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 12:38 PM
Unkle
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

Becker head units are really the only thing i have found, TBH its not a bad option CR22 CDR 22 CDR210 are the models i have been looking at. BTW these are used as i can't find anything new that doesn't look out of place as i too am after OE style. Becker new are expensive (if Audio is not your thing) but also look good Becker grandprix model is nice
Old 07-26-2010, 02:09 PM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Becker Traffic Pro 4720 which is a CD heatunit with built in GPS so I have an up to date stereo but looks pretty standard. As mentioned these are only available 2nd hand now but worth keeping an eye out for. There is one on UK ebay at the moment.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
CabrioArtie
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

I installed a CDR-220 and it works well. It also allows for AUX input which can be used for an IPOD. They are the proper colors to fit into our cars and are branded Porsche. Perfect fit. You just need to get the faceplate fixed so it can be viewed at an angle and you're all set.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:38 PM
ACSGP
Pro

I have the Alpine 9887 which looks decent, but not great. Very good sound though:

You can switch the colour to orange which matches the dash lights quite closely.

However, I really want this:

This is purely a HU with no built in amp, and is hi-fi quality and therefore expensive.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:52 PM
kopo
Instructor

That Pioneer is nice...... But here is another that has a nice clean look at a great price.
Attached Images  
Old 07-27-2010, 12:43 AM
raspberryroadster
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RSA Sam
I am looking for some advice on replacement of my car stero for my 1993 964. I am looking for a head end that looks like it belongs on my dashboard. What I have seen has way too many flashing lights and wild colors.

Thanks
issue with these cars is just not the head unit, but the amp & speakers also are weak/cheap. the whole system in these cars was so-so on date of build and really poor compared to today's product.
so once you've decided on head unit, which is really easiest of the bunch for the audio installation - real issue for decent sound is selection of speakers and replacement amp.
actually i went with alpine head unit which has "the display" you are referring to....looks just fine, and ease of operation / selection / quality & price all were the drivers of that decision.....

Quick Reply: 964 Replacement radio