Sponsored by:

Happy Friday!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 10:08 AM
hawk911
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Happy Friday!

It's a wet and soggy friday here in the southeastern Wisconsin area. In some parts, they got over 8 inches of rain in under 2 hrs. Severe storms with a few tornadoes in the area, lots of water-filled basements, 25K people without power, and plenty of drown cars due to idiots driving into flooded streets.

I took a few pics. Chased a few clouds around...

No real Porsche activity though. Got a maternity photo session tomorrow, and then I'm photographing a wedding Sunday night.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Ryan360
Instructor

sounds like a busy schedule for a weekend. but have a great one anyway. cheers!
Old 07-23-2010, 11:44 AM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 177 Posts

Hawk - Stay dry if you can. Eek.

My girlfriend just got back from a week in England/Scotland yesterday. I will be catching up with her. Expect to hear more about the trip and looking through pictures. Meanwhile, I will be spending Saturday working on a friend's Ford Focus. The rear brakes are shot. The rotors are grinding. My plan is to replace the rotors, pads and bleed the brakes. He also wants to learn how to change the oil, so we will be doing that and a new air filter.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:06 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just glad to be done with the week...

On the P-car front.. has anyone gone with an aftermarket wheel? I am considering the Momo Mod08 ... I like the look of the suede, but is it slippery with bare hands? Anyone with first-hand* experience?

*pun intentional.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:16 PM
xeps
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replaced the fuel pump yesterday. Not my favorite DIY, thats for sure... Also found that my front diff is fairly wet.

Forecast looks lovely this weekend, going to try and put some miles on the 964. Can't wait
Old 07-23-2010, 01:37 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Default weather

I am always jealous when I see the photo's on here of the rennlisters around the world.
I kind of get fed up with the uk weather, but looking at some of Hawks photo's it looks like your having a typical English summer.
I was at le-mans classic a week ago and the French weather was great, got on the ferry going from Caen to portsmouth half way across the weather turned miserable again.
My grandfather told me in the 1940's some Americans were working with him on the river mersey and they asked do those barage ballons stop England from sinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Gaz, sunny England (not)
Old 07-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Redcoat
Instructor

Originally Posted by screamingflat6
I am always jealous when I see the photo's on here of the rennlisters around the world.
I kind of get fed up with the uk weather, but looking at some of Hawks photo's it looks like your having a typical English summer.
I was at le-mans classic a week ago and the French weather was great, got on the ferry going from Caen to portsmouth half way across the weather turned miserable again.
My grandfather told me in the 1940's some Americans were working with him on the river mersey and they asked do those barage ballons stop England from sinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Gaz, sunny England (not)
Grass isn't always greener - New Jersey at present is wet, 82f and very humid.

Dropping off 964 tomorrow for H&R Green installation and alignment, bye bye SUV ride height and shopping cart handling...... hopefully....
Old 07-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Dsqr964
Instructor

Well the North-West looks like we will shape up for a decent weekend. Hopefully I will get my new Hamburg head unit installed and the Carrera badge replaced. Then some fun with my friends Sat and Sunday. -D²

Love the pictures, it kinda (kinda) makes me miss the storms in Memphis when I lived there. They were spectacular.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:59 PM
DaveK
Race Car

To be fair - although it's a bit rubbish right now, the summer hasn't been too bad in the UK so far.

I'm still trying to trace the cause of my false brake pad warning light on the turbo. I shorted out the front right this evening, so will see if that cures it - if it doesn't, I'll try the front left next.

Other than that, not much planned for the weekend except to get ready for a very expensive week - Thursday is the girlfriends birthday.
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 PM
screamingflat6
Racer

Davek,

I had a problem on my c4 964 targa with warning lights, my problem was related with the brake booster pressure switch, I now know my 964 turbo has the same switch which does fail.
I hope you sort it, but have a look at that,usually when they fail you see brake fluid in the front below the unit.

Everyone, after my trip to France I am greedy for Porsche weather I just love it being warm and enjoying driving my old cars.

Gaz,
Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I just finished up my 2nd week of the job at my new company. Its nice not being the boss anymore and having all the headaches that come with it. The people are great and best of all I got a even bigger office and a nice view of a day spa with hot ladies going in and out all day directly below my window
The darn tropical storm is going thru here today so this afternoon has been on and off squalls. Nothing very bad.

Quick Reply: Happy Friday!