Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project Shrek: tool kit and a request

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010 | 03:03 PM
GeorgeK
Rennlist Member

Default Project Shrek: tool kit and a request

The tool kit in Shrek was in the same condition as the rest of the car: badly neglected. Rusy tools, missing tools and a nasty soiled pouch.

After countless soaks in diverse cleaning agents an rust looseners, it cme up pretty clean, if not perfect. a wire brush, WD 40 and some light grease got the snaps working again.

Tool-wise, I cleaned what I could an replaced the ones that were too far gone, or missing. I pondered buying Hazet wrenches, but common sense prevailed, as these are emergency, "get-me-home" tools. So the local do-it-yourself shop, german made tools will do.

You'll notice there is a Stanley knife in there. It is the only tool I have left from my former '73 RS, having found it in its tool pouch (It wasn't from the factory, but I found it there so I am attached to it).

I am missng the screwdriver handle, the 6 to 4 allen reducer and the small hook for the lug nut lock covers. Anyone have these items they can sell me?

Last edited by GeorgeK; 12-11-2014 at 02:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2010 | 05:30 PM
Rocket Rob
IHI KING!
Rennlist Member

I have a partial second tool kit and just checked to see if it had what you need but unfortunately, it doesn't have those items. I had purchased the second kit to help fill out the tool kit in my coupe when I bought it. It was missing a few things including the alternator tool.

Good luck in finding the missing tools.

Quick Reply: Project Shrek: tool kit and a request