Sponsored by:

FS: 1993 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera 2 - $18,500

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 02:46 AM
geordie
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
The comment was made constructively and without malice. This is a forum and if someone doesn't want to invite a comment, they should limit their ad to the classified section of Rennlist. I've seen many posts whereas the seller has incorrectly priced their cars and comments from others have resulted in a repricing, quicker sale and gratitude from the seller.
Perhaps, but you have missed the point. The seller did not invite comment's regarding his asking price. Mike was alerting readers of the 964 forum who may not routinely check the classified ad's that his car was for sale & where/ how detailed information could be accessed.

"Manner's maketh the man".

Shalom
Old 06-25-2010, 06:56 AM
springer3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by deadhead1960
The comment was made constructively and without malice. This is a forum and if someone doesn't want to invite a comment, they should limit their ad to the classified section of Rennlist. I've seen many posts whereas the seller has incorrectly priced their cars and comments from others have resulted in a repricing, quicker sale and gratitude from the seller.
I agree - if we censor comments about market conditions, we are ignoring two key phases in the owership cycle - when we buy and when we sell. I personally found the comments useful and appropriate.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:49 PM
Bearclaw
Three Wheelin'

Location: Seattle xburb - I can't see the Emerald City, but I know it's out there somewhere
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

"Threadcrapping" is a fine line... but I think the comments here were not inappropriate, and from my perspective, probably pretty accurate, due to miles and "nitpicks". Pricing is a topic that almost everybody has an opinion on, and almost anyone's input has some merit. Pricing these things is like pricing a house: in the end, it's a shot from the hip. There is so much variability in the market right now that (within reason) almost any price in this range could be valid.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:13 AM
castorjs
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say, I am in the market for another 964 and I love the color of this car and I live in Miami, Florida so it would be easy for me to get up to Tampa. But, I am looking at two 92s and one 93 with barely 100k miles for around $20k. If the price were around $13k, I would definitely be seriously interested.

Jon
castorjs@yahoo.com

Quick Reply: FS: 1993 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera 2 - $18,500