Sponsored by:

MY NEW STEREO AND SUB.WOW

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:04 PM
kboustani
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MY NEW STEREO AND SUB.WOW

i finally got ann awsome cp palyer with bluetooth (eclipse 5030),new alpine speakers all around,a new alpine amp and a custom sub box with an 8inch jl.this stereo set up is absolutly amazing.i had it professionally installed and boy do it kick.i am including few pictures of my car today after waxing it,i love this car.this is my seventh 911 and i still feel like wow,what a car.
Attached Images      
Old 06-21-2010, 12:44 AM
c didy
Three Wheelin'

Received 248 Likes on 176 Posts

Howzit sound driving? Mine sounds great with the engine off but the bass gets lost when driving. No problem since I prefer to hear the engine anyway but amazing how the low frequencies get lost even with a sub. Anyone have different results?
Old 06-21-2010, 11:27 AM
kboustani
Racer

i want to wait untill i drove my car at speed.the bass still kiked,and the whole system is great.i am almost deaf.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c didy
Howzit sound driving? Mine sounds great with the engine off but the bass gets lost when driving. No problem since I prefer to hear the engine anyway but amazing how the low frequencies get lost even with a sub. Anyone have different results?
Congrats on the new system. I got a huge smile across my face when I installed my "state of the art" system.

+1 on the larger JL sub. I can hear mine well at speed, but I do have to crank the entie system a little to overcome a cat bypass.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2010, 07:30 AM
hysteric
AutoX

good looking install guys..

altarchsa - is your sub installed into the back of rear seats ? Or am I seeing things?

kboustani - nice pics guy.... thats is good looking 964 ! what mid/tweeter combo's and 6x4's did you go for ? Alpine as well ? Would you recommend them?

cheers.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which amp did you go for and did you mount it under the passenger seat in the original factory location?
Old 06-22-2010, 08:40 AM
kboustani
Racer

alpine for the door anr rears.they are awsome and not ver pricey.the sound is so clean.my new amp is also alpine unit.i have a secondary bypass but i can hear my music well over it about half way on the volume.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hysteric
good looking install guys..

altarchsa - is your sub installed into the back of rear seats ? Or am I seeing things?

kboustani - nice pics guy.... thats is good looking 964 ! what mid/tweeter combo's and 6x4's did you go for ? Alpine as well ? Would you recommend them?

cheers.
Regulars here have heard my overly proud descriptioin before, but...

I removed the driver rear seat back and bottom cushion and constructed an irregularly shaped box that fills the seat well and projects down into the footwell to obtain the volume recommended for a 10" JL sub. I made the top of the box level with a folded down seat back and built a lip on it to simulate the top of the original seat back. Covered everything in matching carpet and vinyl to go with the interior.

FANTASTIC lows, adjustable from thumpin' to subtle with the Alpine head unit, and the finish on the box makes it look like it "belongs" with the interior.

But the Ebay find, nearly new condition, 5 channel huge output Alpine amp mounted on mdf siliconed to the gas tank was the best investment. Infinity Kappa Pefect components in the doors (with the extra tweeter added to the doors) and plate speakers in the rear finished it off.

When I read the your original post it reminded me of my goals and satisfying results!
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2010, 09:13 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by hysteric
....what mid/tweeter combo's and 6x4's did you go for ? Alpine as well ? Would you recommend them?....

I would compare displays at local shops. Purely subjective, but I replaced new coaxiial Alpines I had installed with Infinity's and there is no comparison. In fairness to kboustani, my Alpines were cheap models and I'm sure his are far superior, but you can't compare a multiaxial speaker to components for quality.

cheers.
Originally Posted by Jim Howley
Which amp did you go for and did you mount it under the passenger seat in the original factory location?
For a really great system, you can't get a big enough amp under the seat. IMO, if you're going for sound that even begins to overcome the 964's beautiful engine tunes, you have to go for a big multi-channel amp.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:15 AM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Sorry I posted my reply inside the first quote. Apparently, I have not quite figured out the multi-quote feature yet.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:20 PM
kboustani
Racer

my amp is 4 channel and one mono sub channel.alpine
Old 12-23-2010, 09:20 PM
olly964T
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Where did you mount the Alpine 4 channel amp and what model is it?
Old 12-23-2010, 09:53 PM
altarchsa
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by kboustani
my amp is 4 channel and one mono sub channel.alpine
That's the way to go. I'm jealous of your Bluetooth head unit, since I bought my wife a C350 MB with built-in Bluetooth. It is so much more convenient and safer.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:25 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by altarchsa
When I read the your original post it reminded me of my goals and satisfying results!
Nice photos. If you install your speakers directly onto the door frame (there is already drilled speaker holes) and not on the floppy door card trim, I think you will be amazed at the sound improvement. And possibly wouldn't need the sub and amp.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:26 PM
sml
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by altarchsa
you have to go for a big multi-channel amp.
or mount the primary front splits into a fixed solid mounting place .. not the floppy door trim card.

Quick Reply: MY NEW STEREO AND SUB.WOW