Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Have Wanted To See Pictures Of My Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 07:45 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

Actually, there would not be any retail line as people would think the parts too expensive for "old cars".
Old 06-10-2010, 10:27 AM
P1CR
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought my car in November of last year.

Before:

After:

Factory RS door panels get installed today.

Used all factory RS parts (except PSS10s) in order to maintain a predictable outcome and level of quality. If I could add some of your components, I would do whatever it takes. Within reason of course. I probably would skip a carbon engine block, or titanium headliner. But camber plates? or engine and bootlid supports? yes! Lighter hood? absolutely. I can't imagine any of this would have an earthly price tag, but I'm keeping this car. Re-sale is out the window.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:58 AM
RSA_27149
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
Actually, there would not be any retail line as people would think the parts too expensive for "old cars".
I respectfully disagree with that statement.
Though I may only be able to afford the “less expensive” components, nevertheless, I would be happy to pay a premium for quality. I can't imagine that I'm the minority here.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
Jim Howley
Burning Brakes

To be fair to Robert he has a different agenda for producing these wonderful parts and he has stated right from the start that selling them on to people was not an option so maybe it's best to just respect that decision and just enjoy the photos he posts and marvel at the engineering skill and craftsmanship that goes into them.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM
Wachuko
Professor of Pending Projects
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
To be fair to Robert he has a different agenda for producing these wonderful parts and he has stated right from the start that selling them on to people was not an option so maybe it's best to just respect that decision and just enjoy the photos he posts and marvel at the engineering skill and craftsmanship that goes into them.
+964
Old 06-10-2010, 12:04 PM
RSA_27149
Racer

Originally Posted by Jim Howley
Fair enough. I didn't know...and thanks for the insight.
Much respect for all the work and efforts that Robert has put into these cars. And of course, thanks for sharing.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:11 PM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

The reality is that, without any profit (and I would be happy to do it without profit), the cost for such a hood would be in excess of $3500 without shipping.

Quick Reply: Some Have Wanted To See Pictures Of My Car