abs / pdas problem solved ...finally

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 05:43 PM
l.chadburn
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abs / pdas problem solved ...finally

Hi guys

Finally managed to get my problem solved. Had to replace the pump - managed to win one on ebay for an amazing £87.

This is probably a daft question but here goes.

I can tell the difference now I have abs, but will I notice any difference with the PDAS working during normal road use or is this something that I would only be able to tell if I took it on the track?

cheers lee
Old 06-01-2010, 06:26 PM
tbennett017
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

On dry pavement you won't notice much. On wet, you will notice the locks as they engage... in a turn, you can feel the front wheels gain traction if you're working the car harder than normal.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:23 AM
roadsleeper
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One way to tell if the ABS brake booster pump is wearing out is that the ABS and PDAS lights will remain on for an extended period of time after starting the car and driving off.

A crucial symptom of impending failure of the pump is that under hard braking, you will feel the pedal feedback become very firm. As this occurs, the car will not slow down relative to the amount of pressure you are applying to the brake pedal.

I had the scare of my life going into a corner after a straight and finding no brakes, and a rock hard pedal to stand on during a track day and prior to the rebuild of my car.

Quick Reply: abs / pdas problem solved ...finally